Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:26
I'm going to Roebling Road in two weeks. I have not been there in a number of years and never in a SM. I've been watching the Danny Steyn, chasing Chip Van Vurst video hoping to be able to find my way around. Is the track tough on tires? New tires better than older tires? It looks like primarily fast sweeping turns any thoughts on set up? Any help is appreciated.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Nash Lawson

Nash Lawson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Region:Nasa SE, SCCA SE
  • Car Number:23
You should ride the brake the entire lap and have 2 inches of toe out on the front.

Just kidding Keith, looking forward to it.
Nash Lawson

Ti-Speed Engineering Driver

2012 Carolina Cup Pro Series SM Champion
2011 NASA SE SM Regional Champion
2010 NASA SE SM Regional Champion

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

You should ride the brake the entire lap and have 2 inches of toe out on the front.

Just kidding Keith, looking forward to it.

:D

I guess I should have asked if Toyo's or Hoosier's are better at Roebling. I see we are up to 3 SM's hopefully we'll get some more.

ChrisA

ChrisA

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Region:NCR
  • Car Number:58
I've only been there once for a DE a couple years ago. I know the track eats the left front, so I would assume as much camber as possible on that wheel and standing up the right front might be beneficial. Then again I could be dead wrong...

Chris

Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman ... or a bad woman.
- George Burns

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

I'm going to Roebling Road in two weeks. I have not been there in a number of years and never in a SM. I've been watching the Danny Steyn, chasing Chip Van Vurst video hoping to be able to find my way around. Is the track tough on tires? New tires better than older tires? It looks like primarily fast sweeping turns any thoughts on set up? Any help is appreciated.

Keith send me a link or post Danny's video if your are permitted. I have been there one time in my SM right after I first built it. Other than the last turn going on the front straight most of the corners are fairly slow and tight so I went with as much left front camber as I can get and 51% cross wt, but I would rely on someone with more seat time there than I to get the scoop. I finally got hooked up with some faster SM drivers at the end of the weekend and they were braking early and light compared to what I was doing.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

CruzanTom

CruzanTom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Number:44

The track is a lot of fun. Every turn is pretty fast.

Here is a lap of mine racing to the checker flag

Here is a few laps of Tom Fowler where things get a bit "Sticky"

Have fun!

Tom Hart

#44 SM and T-4

2014 SC Driver of the Year

2015 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

2016 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
Thanks for the input here is the video link Roebling National

Wow Tom you got a great run to the checker, nice! The Fowler video is a classic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users