stewart

stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Region:great lakes
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:40
Putting my '99 together for one more summer of hpde before caging it. not having much luck sqeezing in the momo start seat with hard dog bar. i'm 6'2" 215 lbs and 35/35 pant size. open for sugestions, thanks
YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!!

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:88
Step 1. Send HardDog to the pound

Step 2. Visit custom cage builder

(In Ohio, Mark McMahan in Akron is an excellent choice)
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

Putting my '99 together for one more summer of hpde before caging it. not having much luck sqeezing in the momo start seat with hard dog bar. i'm 6'2" 215 lbs and 35/35 pant size. open for sugestions, thanks

Are you attempting to retain the slider? If so, consider removing the slider bolting the seat directly to the floor. I'm not familar with your Momo seat, but there are a lot of SM pilots your size (and larger) out there who fit nicely.
Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year
Powered by: Stewart Engines
Set up by: RAFT Motorsports

SM: The safest race car in the world. It can just
barely kill you.

Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88
I started with that seat and a Boss Frog roll bar. It didn’t fit well either and I’m 6”. The shape of that seat just doesn’t fit a Miata well with either a roll bar or roll cage. The bolsters flair out too far and the way the top of the seat curves backwards creates clearance issues.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE

Step 1. Send HardDog to the pound

Step 2. Visit custom cage builder

(In Ohio, Mark McMahan in Akron is an excellent choice)

+1

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

stewart

stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Region:great lakes
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:40
Thanks for replies. I agree with sending pooch to the pound, but it is definitely not in the cards just yet. I thought budget would be better spent on suspension, alignment, hardtop and tires. The Momo start seat was recomended to me by a builder, i'm not sure he knew my size or about the hard dog. I can't even get it to fit down in floor board even after using bfh. I'm ready to make the Momo seat into a bar stool. I'm certain the sliders have to go. Is there a seat out there that will be a good fit now and in the future?
YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users