Photo

Fun One at the Glen - bring your water wings !!!

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

John the Impaler

John the Impaler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
If you're coming from the south, or east, or southest, or east-southeast, or south-southeast (sorry...I was a scout...still remember all my compass points), there are a bunch of highway closings due to recent storms and flooding.

Closings on Rt. 17/86, from Binghamton to Waverly NY.

Rt. 81 closed in a bunch of places, from north of Harrisburg PA to north of Binghamton.

Rt. 88 from Albany to Binghamton...closed in a bunch of places.

Etc. etc. etc.

NY road status - http://www.511ny.org/traffic.aspx

PA road status - http://www.511pa.com/Traffic.aspx

Yosh

Yosh

Unobtanium Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Region:PHL
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:77
Thank you for the links - guess we'll have to find a new way!

GROOTS

GROOTS

SM

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:48
Thanks John !! Great job !

Jeff Gruter

Excell Motorsports

Paramount Tool & Equiptment http://www.ptetool.com/

Hatzel & Buehler Electrical Construction - IBEW

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?
anyone find a good alternate route yet? I'm going to look into it tonight but seeing if anyone has a nose on the ground compared to looking at websites and hoping for the best.

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

svvs

svvs

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
I spoke to the new owners of the falls motel....17 is open. I don't know about 81 though.

-Vick

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

Chris Windsor

Chris Windsor

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Region:WDC
Anyone know if you can get in to the track Thursday night.
SM5, SM, SSM builds
Support, sales, repair or rental
windsorcustoms.com

TEAM MEDICARE

TEAM MEDICARE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Region:Glen
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:66

Anyone know if you can get in to the track Thursday night.

From Marsha Toombs (Registar FLR Fun One)

YES

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
I heard you can now take the Hudson River all the way to the Falls Motel parking lot.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Scott Koschwitz

Scott Koschwitz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:New England
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:91
Have fun, and good luck, fellas. Updates are always appreciated by those who can't join you this weekend.

TeamFigmentedRacing

TeamFigmentedRacing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Results? Videos?

TEAM MEDICARE

TEAM MEDICARE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Region:Glen
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:66

Results? Videos?

Results?? Maybe those Lendrum boys (and dad) should all go work for Penske

1,2,3,& 7 Congrats!

svvs

svvs

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
I should have a video compilation this week of the "highlights".

Highlight 1: Qualified 3rd for SM2. I know it's a ten car class and all, but it's the first time I've been close to a Lendrum or Bob Karl Jr on the track without getting lapped.

Highlight 2: Watching SSM "pilot" Chris Windsor stick the landing and not skip a beat. Even got to bring him a "coffee" after the race.

Lowlight 1: Having things under my pedals in said SM2 race.

Lowlight 2: Getting caught up in the bust stop incident on Sunday.

Vick
www.volko.com

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
So, you AND Yosh AND Gene got impailed?
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

svvs

svvs

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
Yosh got taken out and he and Jason and JK (and a host of others I believe) spent a good amount of time replacing suspension parts.

I got caught up in a four car mess in the bus stop (couldn't get far enough off the track to not get tagged. Need new fender and door. Funny enough that's the fender I had to replace last year that a tree fell on (amongst other incidents).

Gene was the car that went in at the carousel? JK was behind him....said it looked like something on the car broke. He hit hard.

Vick
www.volko.com

geneclev

geneclev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:24
http://C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures

Yosh got taken out and he and Jason and JK (and a host of others I believe) spent a good amount of time replacing suspension parts.

I got caught up in a four car mess in the bus stop (couldn't get far enough off the track to not get tagged. Need new fender and door. Funny enough that's the fender I had to replace last year that a tree fell on (amongst other incidents).

Gene was the car that went in at the carousel? JK was behind him....said it looked like something on the car broke. He hit hard.

Yes it was hard 80 MPH when front hub broke down to 65 MPH at impact.I am trying to load video but its a work in progress

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
Wow, had a LF go bad on me half way through the SM2 feature @ Thunderbolt last month.
Never saw one fail catastrophically (was leading and I really wanted those flags) so I ran it to the finish.
Will think twice next time.
Glad you're OK Gene!

wreckerboy

wreckerboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Region:NJ
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:53
Chris (Windsor) posted pictures of the damage to Gene's car on the F Book earlier this week. Hard hit, and glad you're allright, Gene.
Rob Myles | "I didn't lose, I got out-painted!"
Hero To The Momentum Challenged
WDCR SSM #30

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
Yes, saw that.

svvs

svvs

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
My video from the start of the SM2 race on Sunday. I didn't qualify well, and that didn't end well for me.

The driver of the red #45 car came up to me and apologized. I give him credit for doing that, but still think he made a bad move on the first lap of the race and let him know that. Hopefully everyone involved can get their cars back together and move on.

Vick
www.volko.com

Yosh

Yosh

Unobtanium Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Region:PHL
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:77
Here is my last lap of the race on Saturday.

Steve Berry had gone off driver's right at the Bus Stop which bottled us all up a bit. You can hear me breathe out of the throttle in the Outer Loop as I was watching to see where he would come back in (he didn't get off the gas at all). The Black/Silver/Red 06 car behind me said "well I had a run on you." Someone needs to clarify to him again that coming up and hitting someone in the rear at the apex of a corner a.) isn't good and b.)isn't a "run" but a "hit and run".

I'm a little torqued that the driver of the 06 didn't bother to figure out where I was after the race - it wasn't like he didn't have a close up view of my car - I had to go find him. Chose not to throw paper, but his attitude stinks and his judgement lacking.

Bent up the car pretty good - needed a LF upper & lower, ball joint, tie rod, hub, and wheel. LR needed a hub carrier, hub, wheel. Thanks to Chris Windsor and Nick Leverone, managed to get the parts and with tons of help from John Kuitwaard, Jason Livingood, and Chris Windsor we managed to get it somewhat pointed straight. Feel bad that Jason missed his SM2 race, but we did both run on Sunday. Car still needs a ton of body work - LR quarter is destroyed and missing a taillight, and I'm not sure I can bang the LF fender out into a nice shape again :scratchchin: The hit was hard enough that it stretched the motormounts quite a bit - the throttlebody slammed into the hood and the motor went so far back it bent and broke the heater core pipes.

The real shame is that the car had been really good on Saturday! Consistently managed times in the 22s and got the car well into the 21s before the incident.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users