alangj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Region:SFR SCCA
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14
update, Friday, 11/4:
david seems to be doing a lot better over the last week or so. he's starting to walk on his own, even doing stairs, during his Physical Therapy sessions (although he still is not quite stable on his feet, so he spends most of his non-therapy time using the wheelchair). he is becoming more and more aware of everything, able to hold longer conversations and making more personal decisions on his own and making plans for the future. still having some vision issues, that we are trying to get corrected (I lent him some old glasses of mine, hoping that by random chance might help - they did, a little), but otherwise is progressing very well. i am very optimistic!
al

Ray Meister

Ray Meister

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:38

i am very optimistic!
al

Glad to hear it.

Thanks,
Ray
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Darrell Adams

Darrell Adams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:#16
Alan,

I found out about Dave just today, when I was reading The Wheel. I emailed Steve and he gave me the info and the link to this forum.

Practically want to bawl, David is such a great guy. I will also say that you are absolutely the best person to be watching over him and letting us know what's going on. He's lucky to have such a great friend.

Darrell

Phillip Holifield

Phillip Holifield

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Car Number:20
Any news on if Dave was released today?
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
Yup, I talked to Stephanie today and she said he was on the way home! I also talked to him on the phone on Saturday when working for Ron, he said he is "breaking out of this place". :king:
  • Ron Alan and Viet-Tam Luu like this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Austin Robison

Austin Robison

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:47

Yup, I talked to Stephanie today and she said he was on the way home! I also talked to him on the phone on Saturday when working for Ron, he said he is "breaking out of this place". :king:

Great news!

alangj

alangj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
everybody:
David was sprung from his hospital prison on 11/15 and is now living in SF with girlfriend, Stephenie, in her apartment. He will continue to get his various therapies in SF and he has an outside agency personal assistant to help with transportation needs, daily living needs, etc. when Steph is not available. The very day he was released from Vallejo, he went out, got his hair cut, shopped at Costco, went for a walk. Still not a 100% on his feet, so he is using a cane for assistance, but his energy and strength are improving. He seems much happier now that he's out of the hospital, able to work on sorting out all the little things he couldn't do much about while he was hospitalized. He took a day trip up to Sears Pt. yesterday for a visit and schmooze. Will still need ongoing treatment, but he is in a new phase of his recovery and he's excited about that! Visiting him is somewhat more complicated now, as he is not always predictably available, like when he was an inpatient, so it would be best to email him at: davidpetruska@yahoo.com.
al
  • Alberto likes this

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

How is David?  Thinking of him this evening on the eve of another race at Laguna.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

alangj

alangj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
Alberto, 

David is doing well. He's happy, retired from Medicine and enjoying life. He is driving again (not racing) and has a new "toy" (Ferrari GT4) on which to waste whatever extra $$ he may have laying around. He and Stephenie just got back from a trip to Vancouver. Otherwise, they might have joined us at Laguna last weekend. 

Al

• Johnny D, Juan Pineda and Late_Apex_Racing like this

dp35

dp35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:51
Glad to hear that. Thanks.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users