Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990
Awesome weekend as usual! This season went way to fast...

Great racing in Group 5 and 7. Smaller than usual turn out though. Is that normal for this time of year? I know a couple of guys didn't make it due to budget and time constraints.

Congrats to Phillip and the Holifield family for the points win and for a great finish in the enduro. I was crewing for the #75 black RX7 next door to the Hollifield pits when I saw a smoking, hot brake pad flying around and decided to see what was going to find them changing the front hub in the hot pits. Awesome pit work watching them change the hub at their first pit stop. That couldn't have been comfortable. :)

The Miatas racing in the enduro made for great spectating. There was always a battle raging among the Miatas right to the finish.

Having to take a day off work kinda sucked but overall the enduro was cool.

Thanks to AIM for help with tires and my new 3/32 shaves.
Thanks to Juan for help with my video camera.
Thanks to Ken in #24 for his input on my old tires and for poking them with his durometer to tell me they were in great shape.

It was great meeting and chatting with the smac members also.

We came in 1st in class and 2nd overall in the enduro. The Panoz and GT40 retired early. We lost 3rd gear in the last 10 minutes of the race but had a far enough lead to 2nd place where we were able to limp the car home in 4th gear.

Not sure what I'll occupy my time with in the off season waiting for the next race...

Cheers.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
Also, great job on the Petruska stickers. That was an awesome show of support.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Not sure what I'll occupy my time with in the off season waiting for the next race...
Cheers.

It will take some time to get all those barrel marks off. :hugegrin:
There's also the NASA invite.
Have to check if my crew needs to be a NASA member too for the 6hr.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Viet-Tam Luu

Viet-Tam Luu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Region:San Francisco Region
  • Car Number:10 ITS

It will take some time to get all those barrel marks off. :hugegrin:

Ah-hah, so it was Alberto who punted those 3 barrels directly into my path when I was right behind him. I had to decide which one I wanted to plow out of the way. Thanks for that. After you finished cleaning the marks off your car you can come over to my shop and do mine. :spin:

I was testing a new camera at the time--turned out it was off. Too bad! At least I got Niemann's:

Posted Image
Viet-Tam Luu
Director, SCCA San Francisco Region
1999 Miata #10 ITS

2003 Evo 8 #12 STU
2011 SFR-SCCA ITS Champion

J2Joe

J2Joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:55
Jeff Annison and I were excited to win the ME class in the Enduro. It was a great race. We took advantage of an early caution and that helps us quite a bit, particularly since I had three off road excursions during the first stint. We analyzed our data and figured it probably would have come down to the wire with Team Holifield were it not for their hub failure. I'll see if I can figure out how to upload that analysis.

Joe

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Ah-hah, so it was Alberto who punted those 3 barrels directly into my path when I was right behind him. I had to decide which one I wanted to plow out of the way. Thanks for that. After you finished cleaning the marks off your car you can come over to my shop and do mine. :spin:

I was testing a new camera at the time--turned out it was off. Too bad! At least I got Niemann's:

No that wasn't me. I'm in the white car. I moved out of the way during quali for the guy in the flat black car ( I think he blew his motor during the enduro) and promptly screwed up my entry line into that turn and hence my exit. I did take out three barrels though.

Another track record - I think Phillip broke the record for carrying a barrel the longest during a race. he carried it all the way to turn 11 iirc. It gave everyone on pit row a good laugh as he came down the main straight with a barrel sticking to the front bumper. :D

Phillip Holifield

Phillip Holifield

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Car Number:20
Congrats to Joe and Jeff for the ME class win, and Greg, Dan, and Doug for the U class win. The enduro was a ton of fun and if not for our hub issue we could have been right up there.

Al, here's the in-car of that:

• Viet-Tam Luu likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
Another turn and you could have dropped it off where you left it. :D

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Car Number:12
That was awesome!!
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Another turn and you could have dropped it off where you left it. :D

Think about that statement :scratchchin: I think I've always left things where i dropped them off :guinness:

Ok...we know what you meant :P

I was hoping you would post that Phillip...to funny watching from the top of turn 1. I knew you were pushing to catch John and then he managed to spin in 2 right in front of you...but then you had to give it back trying to ditch the barrel! But great pressure to get him to make a mistake and give you P2 on the last lap!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Think about that statement :scratchchin: I think I've always left things where i dropped them off :guinness:

Ok...we know what you meant :P

D'oh. :banghead:

Still recovering from the weekend. Brain no workie. :boggled:

Viet-Tam Luu

Viet-Tam Luu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Region:San Francisco Region
  • Car Number:10 ITS

Al, here's the in-car of that:

LOL! "Barrel of Laughs 2"! That was epic! :clap:
Viet-Tam Luu
Director, SCCA San Francisco Region
1999 Miata #10 ITS

2003 Evo 8 #12 STU
2011 SFR-SCCA ITS Champion

Phillip Holifield

Phillip Holifield

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
It was too funny I had to post it
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
You forgot to pick up the spare when you came back around :rotfl:

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

hoverducky

hoverducky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:86
Dang. Sounds like a great weekend. Wish my dad and I could have been there. It's the first RDC enduro we've missed since starting this whole Miater thing, but I had already committed to the LeMons race at Sears before SCCA moved the finale date.

Phillip: you should have popped the headlights to dislodge the barrel. Can't do that in a '99. I do like how you walked it off to the right side.

Scott

PS: guess who I ran in to at Sears: Kevin Bailey. Driving a CBR1000-powered Geo Metro, of all things. Spec Miata guys get everywhere.

D Biggar

D Biggar

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:33
Hey guys! Congrats to Phil on his Championship, this has been a great season!

I had fun this weekend, even after blowing my motor 3 laps into practice...FYI if you ever start to pull on Vodden, she's blowing up. Got to run the Enduro with Tupper's car (blew that motor 10 minutes into my stint...at least we didn't finish last). After falling out, I joined my semi-regular role as crew for the Holifields. This is the best way to describe Andrew, Steve and me when Phil drove by with a barrel:

Posted Image

This has definitely been an expensive season for me, but I've had waaaaaay too much fun racing with you guys this year...so as I said after my fun Laguna weekend, "I'll be back." (Not said like the former governator.)

Enjoy the nice weather!
-David Biggar
david.biggar(at)gmail.com

Meteorologist

Phillip Holifield

Phillip Holifield

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
Headlights.. thats a good idea. I was starting to consider hitting another barrel to knock the first one off :D

Greg Cicatelli

Greg Cicatelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Car Number:96
Awesome!!! You must have been laughing out loud that entire lap... good effort trying to shake it loose. I saw you go by at pit wall and ran to grab my camera hoping it would make it another lap. Thanks for posting.

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34
Sorry, late to the party. (Been tied up with a bit of work.) Congrats to Philip for the championship and to everyone else that competed this year. Awesome competition and camaraderie. You guys show how it's done right.

About the barrel, Philip you've got the wrong idea. The goal is to see how many laps you can do without losing it. And you shouldn't be letting other cars pass you in the process. You lose style points for that.

-Juan

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users