Oregon Region Race Director write-in

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Jim Weidenbaum

Jim Weidenbaum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
I've been approached to be a write-in candidate for Oregon Region Road Race Director. I believe I can add leadership, value, and perspective to the position. I introduced and still chair the Tire Rack Street Survival for the Region. I've been a member of SCCA since 1983 -- started out as a corner worker before racing FV for 11 years, SRF for 3 years, and Spec Miata since 2008.

Professionally, I've been in Sales & Marketing of beer -- with a few years doing marketing for Coca-Cola. Yeah, it's fun, challenging work, but it requires a good deal of team work, product promotion, providing superior service, and ultimately building loyalty for the brand by being relevant, creating a connection to the product, and generating value. I think this background can really help.

Due to my work, I've moved all around the country. I've raced with SCCA Regions coast to coast, North and South -- I know what it's like to come in cold to a new Region and not know anyone -- and how important it is to feel welcome -- as the PNW Spec Miata community does exceedingly well. SCCA needs to offer safe, fun, and competitive race weekends. It's never going to be cheap, but that doesn't mean we can't create the best "value" we can (price is what you pay -- value is what you get) over a race weekend. I think we all recognize that our race fields are shrinking and that we need to be creative in our thinking to build connection for the next generation of young guns (Robert, Thomas, Dani, Kyle, etc) to have a solid future.

If you haven't voted yet, please consider casting a write-in ballot for me as Oregon Region Race Director. As those old guys once said on the Bartles & Jaymes cooler commercials "and thank you for your support."

Jim Weidenbaum

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:68
You have my vote Jim...

Guys, I'm sure I don't have to tell you that it will be a good thing having Jim be the RRD for Oregon region. Besides understanding and sharing the values of SM drivers, Jim has shown a deep dedication for the racing community and gettting younger generations involved in the sport. Whatever you do, please vote. It is VERY important that you carefully consider the candidates this year and cast your vote. You can cast your vote at http://www.oregonscc...orsportreg.com/ The link (at the bottom, surveys and elections) will be back online in an hour or so.

-bw

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

BrianPDX

BrianPDX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Car Number:27
I didn't even know there was an election going on. How was is communicated to members? Jim, you definitely have my vote.
Brian

Randy Thieme

Randy Thieme

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:51

I didn't even know there was an election going on. How was is communicated to members? Jim, you definitely have my vote.

+1 Went to the link and cast my vote. Otherwise no idea there was an election. I'll check my email's spam folder when I get home, maybe the notice went there.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30
It was probably in Loud Pedal (no, I didn't check).

I used the link you provided, Bruce, but the form never asked for my name or membership number. Are we all voting your vote? ;)

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Number:30
Well, I got a confirmation note to my own e-mail address, with my name on it. Privacy be damned, eat my cookies!

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Car Number:68
:D

-bw

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Weidenbaum

Jim Weidenbaum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
I had no idea about the election either -- I logged onto my Motorsports Reg account and didn't see anything other than the Chumpcar race. Maybe the e-mail for the BOD selection shouldn't have been titled "Grow bigger, get results in days --- no prescription necessary."

When you click on the Oregon Region link (oregonscca.motorsportreg.com), if you are set up on Motorsports Reg as auto sign-on, it will know who you are when you vote. .

Thanks for your support!

Jim

Sean - MiataCage

Sean - MiataCage

• Moderators
  • 301 posts
Done..... Thank you for running!
Sean Hedrick - President
www.miatacage.com
360-606-7734
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys!

Eric Jones

Eric Jones

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Region:OR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:23
Thanks Will and Bruce for the email, otherwise I wouldn't have known about the election as well.
If it can't kill ya, It ain't a sport!

Dudley

Dudley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:01
you have my vote.

Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:NW
  • Car Number:3
Jim,

You get my vote but I don't know where to register it. That is, only if you get us good run times!

Terrell

Randy Thieme

Randy Thieme

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Car Number:51

Jim,

You get my vote but I don't know where to register it. That is, only if you get us good run times!

Terrell

See Bruce's response above. It has the link to motorsportsreg to vote online.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

SM Tom

SM Tom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Car Number:00
Jim definitely has my vote...couldn't think of a better lerson for the job.

Tom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users