Photo

Current and former spec miata drivers competing in the 25 this year?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Region:NorCal
It seems that there are a couple spec-miata-driver-fueled storms a brewin' for the 25 Hours of Thunderhill this year. I'm sure there are a TON of SM drivers in spec miatas competing in E3... to name a few that I know:

- Miatacage - Bruce Wilson, Will Schrader, Ken Sutherland, ...
- RJR - Jaime Florence, Gibson brothers
- Dion Johnson, Auto Shop Al and company
- Hooverspeed - who's driving for them?

and many others. That class is always fiercely competitive, with 3 cars within 2 laps of each other after 25 hours last year.

E2 is going to be very interesting, and is also littered with spec miata drivers.

- Atlanta Motorsports Group (returning E2 champs led by Jason Hoover and Tony Silva, both SM legends) with Todd Lamb and Darin Polsley driving. Who else is in that car?
- 949 Racing and SuperMiata - Nick Buchanan and Dean Thomas (me) splitting time across 2 E2 cars
- Miatacage - same drivers from E3 - 6 drivers splitting 2 cars across 2 classes - that's a strong move!
- Hooverspeed - Have to imagine they have some SM drivers in their E2 car, also

Unlike the faster E1, E0, ES classes where the cars differ greatly in speed and fuel mileage, these two classes have incredibly close competition the ENTIRE race, and it often comes down to real race strategy and flawless execution. And a ton of good luck.

So who's in? Shall we let the smack talk begin?

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
We are taking a e30 out in E3.

Loren, Tim, Jim, and I will be wheeling it around!
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88
Barret Tilley and I for the 6 in E3 in my car.

86 entries, nice.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Sean Allen

Sean Allen

My title is unique

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Region:SFR
I wish! Instead I will be at Ft. Benning jumping out of airplanes... Good luck Charlie and Nick B, I'll drive with ya sooner or later.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
I'm still hoping a ride will fall from the sky right into my lap...
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

dp35

dp35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Number:51
The other drivers on our AMG E2 team will be Beau Borders and Ryan Winchester (various racing backgrounds, no SM that I'm aware of).

I hope our MX5 can keep up with those overdog 99 Miatas. Looking forward to the challenge.

Will we also have Jim Daniels in E2 this year driving an RDR RX8 again?
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Dennis

Dennis

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:27
DrivenToTheTrackRacing/3D Racing are entering Brian Leong's 1.6 SM in E3.

Drivers: Brian Leong, Dennis Clark, David Gehringer, Walt Feyling.

Hoping for a better experience than last year, dry track please!

Dennis
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

dry track please!

lol yeah right! :spin:
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

DionJ

DionJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Car Number:68
Dante and Wil Powell are the other drivers with Al and I....

dp35

dp35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Car Number:51
Driver & entry lists updated today. I see Jeremy Hittle and Phillip Hollifield.

Drivers list: http://www.nasa25hou...rivers_list.pdf

Entry list: http://www.nasa25hou...es_11-17-11.pdf
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22
Should be really awesome with everyone out there!
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Along with Vodden, Kim Wilcox, Wes Wilkerson, Brandon Kraus, Tony Heyer, Ed Railton to name a few others.

Ghidinelli is driving a BMW...traitor!

No Honda turbo hybrids??

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:33 - San Francisco
  • Car Number:40 ;-)
Ron, they're working on the speed deployed wings that they got permission to run in E3 next year...

...that and putting wheels on the roof...
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

RazerX

RazerX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Region:N. Cal
  • Car Number:11

Ron, they're working on the speed deployed wings that they got permission to run in E3 next year...

...that and putting wheels on the roof...

they have a pit stall so they are bringing something... Maybe a KERS system... :)

- Speed

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
I asked Dave but haven't got a reply and this is my 1st bigger Rodeo so I'll ask you guys.

What is a PL/Side Tone?

J~
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
In order to maximize the number of folks that can share UHF frequencies, there's the concept of a "side tone" which is an in-audible tone that is sent just before any transmission that you make. A receiving radio programmed with the same frequency and side tone will pick up that transmission and ignore any transmissions that are not preceded by the side tone. So, if you used frequency 457.5375 and PL 156.7 and I used the same frequency with PL 82.5, we're both broadcasting and receiving on the same frequency, but our radios will filter each others communications out and we won't hear each other. Google CTCSS.

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
Thanks Dean.
I have channel 1 and 2 freqs, will a scanner tell me the PL?
I better start Googling.
J~

cam

cam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Region:SOW
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14
I'm one of the HooverSpeed driver, will be in one of the 1.6's. Of 6 attempts at the 25, been on the podium 3 times and won class of those times. This event is the highlight of the year.

Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:33 - San Francisco
  • Car Number:40 ;-)

they have a pit stall so they are bringing something... Maybe a KERS system... :)

...they already had that...
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

tahoez

tahoez

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:62
rain please!
  • cam likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users