• PipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Car Year:1993
Who is planning on attending? I will be there

DECEMBER 10 & 11, 2011

TONS OF TRACK TIME

PRACTICE SATURDAY MORNING & RACES THE REMAINDER OF THE WEEKEND

SEPARATE RACES FOR SM & E30

FUN & EXCITING FORMAT WITH RACES ON DIFFERENT TRACK LAYOUTS (SHORT COURSE, FULL COURSE, OLD/NEW SECTION)

RACES VARY FROM 5 to 20 LAPS

CHAMPIONSHIP SCORING FORMAT OF RACES TO SET FINAL RACE

PRIZES/PRIZE MONEY ($1000 per winner)
Event Sponsored by: Apex Performance, Tread Zone, Web Laps, and Long Road Racing

This will be a great way to finish the year with an exciting and fun. Some details are:
- Significant amount of track time and lots of fun

- Practice sessions Saturday morning, 5 to 20 lap races Saturday afternoon and Sunday (Approx 5 races for each class). Championship style point system will set the field for the final money paying race. .

- Multiple track configurations will be utilized … 1 mile short course and 2.25 mile full course.

- Track touring laps for Miata clubs.

- Current racing race license required
- Cars must meet NASA or SCCA Spec Miata or E30 rules and will be inspected accordingly.
- Hotels (Holiday Inn, Comfort Suites, Colony Inn, etc.) and restaurants within 20 minutes in Camden, SC.
- CMP is 1 hour south of the Charlotte airport.
- Early Entry deadline is November 18, cost is $450. After November 18 entry is additional $50

- Entry forms, schedule, rules, registration, etc. will be posted at www.carolinamotorsportspark.com starting October 10 .

To enter send entries to: Sylvia Patterson, PO Box 336, Kershaw, SC 29067 or FAX: 803-475-3303

For questions contact Sylvia: Sylvia@carolinamotorsportspark.com or 803-475-2448

Entry forms available at www.carolinamotorsportspark.com

Registration opens, regulations, additional information, etc. available starting Oct. 6 at www.carolinamotorsportspark.com

Nash Lawson

Nash Lawson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Region:Nasa SE, SCCA SE
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:23
I will be there. Hope its a little dryer than last year.
Nash Lawson

Ti-Speed Engineering Driver

2012 Carolina Cup Pro Series SM Champion
2011 NASA SE SM Regional Champion
2010 NASA SE SM Regional Champion

Michael Novak

Michael Novak

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Region:Michigan
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:#9
It is on for sure? Any idea how many cars? I would like to come down but it is know fun racing with a couple of cars.
Majors Winner - Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Nash Lawson

Nash Lawson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
Michael,

It is on for sure and I think there are between 15 and 20 cars currently signed up. Hopefully it will only get better.
Nash Lawson

GFUSNER

GFUSNER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Great event. It will run regardless of weather like last year. The track will listen to competitors so its a fun event. If changes need to be made due to conditions they will get all the drivers together to voice their preferences. Last year with the rain they even let teams that did not have a garage use the garages anyway. They also delayed a race to allow everyone to switch to rains

Michael Novak

Michael Novak

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
You can add two more from Michigan to the list---sounds like it will be fun.. No practice on Friday though correct?
Majors Winner - Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Michael Novak

Michael Novak

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
I was trying to find out for sure. It is RA-1s only for the event correct? We have a open tire rule SCCA Great Lakes is why I ask...

Zack Skolnick

Zack Skolnick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Car Year:1993
Hey Michael- no Friday practice but all of Saturday morning we will get practice time. We are running the ra1 tire still. If you need any parts Panic Motorsports will be their. Look forward to racing against you. Zack Skolnick #89

CruzanTom

CruzanTom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Number:44
What were the results on Saturday?

Tom Hart

#44 SM and T-4

2014 SC Driver of the Year

2015 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

2016 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Panic Motorsports

Panic Motorsports

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Region:079 SCR
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:90
Tom

Dillon Machavern ran amok all weekend. Wins in both races saturday, first race on sunday. Second to Tisseront in the inverted start race on sunday (Zack Skolnick 3rd) then a win by .160 in the money race on sunday. Great drives from our guys, even Nash Lawson made some good strategy calls and was lurking all weekend. Stephan recoverd from a broken transmission in the first race saturday and nearly finished second in points but had a coming together with Manny at the kink putting both of them in the sandtrap. Ess White was sniffing all weekend too. Considering a relatively small field, the racing was wild and for the most part clean. You guys should have hung around!
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

CruzanTom

CruzanTom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Tom

Dillon Machavern ran amok all weekend. Wins in both races saturday, first race on sunday. Second to Tisseront in the inverted start race on sunday (Zack Skolnick 3rd) then a win by .160 in the money race on sunday. Great drives from our guys, even Nash Lawson made some good strategy calls and was lurking all weekend. Stephan recoverd from a broken transmission in the first race saturday and nearly finished second in points but had a coming together with Manny at the kink putting both of them in the sandtrap. Ess White was sniffing all weekend too. Considering a relatively small field, the racing was wild and for the most part clean. You guys should have hung around!

Steve,

Congratulations to Dillon for a great weekend of racing! I am sure his Dad has some ideas how to spend his winnings.

Wish I could have stayed at CMP but family obligations came first. Sounds like everyone raced well - a small field but full of accomplished racers. I hope to participate next year!

Merry Christmas to all!

Tom

Tom Hart

#44 SM and T-4

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Nash Lawson

Nash Lawson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
Tom,

I am sorry you missed it.

The final race on Sunday was the closest finish I have ever had. I started in P3 but took the lead at the start and held that until the competition yellow came out half way through the race. I had a great restart and once again jumped out to a good lead until Stephan and Manny got together going through the kink and brought out another double yellow. That bunched us up again and upon the restart I jumped out and was still leading but with Dillon on my heels. He got by me and we were racing close and unfortunately we had another double yellow come out when a car caught fire coming out of the carousel. When the flags came out me and Dillon were coming through the kink and heading for the horseshoe and I passed him in the horseshoe under yellow. I didn’t notice the flag there but saw it coming out at the next station, but I had passed under yellow and it caused me two positions after the finish. Dillon and I came across the finish line almost door to door with him beating me out for first and me finishing second. But like I said I lost two positions for the pass under yellow and finished 4th in the final race and 2nd overall for the weekend in points. Fortunately I had a some good news and turned the fastest lap of the weekend on the long course.

You missed a fun weekend. The weather was a little cool; but it stayed dry all weekend and the cool weather with good track conditions made for some fun racing. Hope you can make it next year.

I would like to say the racing with Dillon was a lot fun, we had some really good hard racing and never came close to taking each other out. I would go door to door with him anytime. Congrats to him on a great weekend and the wins.
Nash Lawson

CruzanTom

CruzanTom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Tom,

I am sorry you missed it.

You missed a fun weekend. The weather was a little cool; but it stayed dry all weekend and the cool weather with good track conditions made for some fun racing. Hope you can make it next year.

Boy, the summaries by you and Steve make me sorry to have missed it, too. Balancing the obligations of 5 kids and 2 grandkids against my racing desires means racing loses out sometimes :spin:. I'll spend the Winter reading my racing books, :nerd: watching racing movies (I bought Senna!) :clap: , and saving money for tires. :pimp:

Congratulations to you on your fine racing over the weekend. I look forward to the February races at CMP and, until then, I'll toast all of you over the holidays. :toast:

Tom Hart

#44 SM and T-4

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

I'll toast all of you over the holidays. :toast:

Scotch No doubt.... :tipsy:

K. Webb