1 reply to this topic

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
  • Car Year:1999
My car is buried in my enclosed trailer at my son's house (house is rented out while he is in California for a spell). Much going on now including a grandson due literally any day now. The question I have is at what temp and for how long of a duration will it take for possible freezing of the water within the radiator and engine. Radiator currently full of just H2O and water wetter. I simply have not had the time to get over there and move the trailer so I can access the back ramp. The temps here are starting to get into the high 20's- low 30's at night with daytime temps in the mid 30's to mid 40's....I would think it would take lower temps to freeze water within a radiator or block. I have to get it done soon for sure, but for the short term I am hoping I have a cushion. Also, I did stuff some blankets into the engine bay several weeks ago. Not sure if that helps, but...........thanks.

Bill-
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60
Bill:
If the temperature stays below 32F for 24 hours, I'd start to get seriously worried. If you can't winterize the car, how about ghetting a 100 watt trouble light under the hood that tyou can plug in until you can?
Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year