Photo

no double national at watkins glen this year?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?
Just noticed there was no double national at watkins glen this year. Wasn't that a staple of the Nationals "tour" in the North East for the past couple of years?

Was considering running a few nationals this year to see how me and my car stack up now that it's SM and not SSM, and a double sure would have been convenient with towing costs and whatnot.

Think there is still time to change things?

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

edzeb

edzeb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
There is not time to change this for the 2012 season. The NeDiv NRC decided instead of the Double National event at WGI to do Bonus National races at other tracks. Speaking as a member of the NRC, please go to the NeDiv website (www.nescca.com) and there you can email the entire National Racing Committee (NRC) with your input on the 2013 season. Ed...

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

There is not time to change this for the 2012 season. The NeDiv NRC decided instead of the Double National event at WGI to do Bonus National races at other tracks. Speaking as a member of the NRC, please go to the NeDiv website (www.nescca.com) and there you can email the entire National Racing Committee (NRC) with your input on the 2013 season. Ed...

Confused... Fingerlakes region lists July 6-8 as the national event for WGI? Are you saying that it is only a national event for the bonus groups? Please explain the July 6-8 weekend as it pertains to SM. Thanks

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

edzeb

edzeb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Just for a clarification....The Glen National is a Glen Region event, but the Glen Region gives the event to the Fingerlakes Region so that they can host a National as well. This was due to the division taking away the Fingerlakes National race years ago (if you are old like me you will remember that there used to be two(!) nationals at WGI).

Starting with 2012, the NeDiv National Racing Committee (NRC) decided to have 'bonus national races' instead of continuing the Double at WGI. The Bonus races were chosen by the region having the smallest National having first choice, then second smallest, etc.

For the 2012 the Bonus National race at WGI will be the FV, FF, F500 Group.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
so.. for 2012 it would not be a national at WGI if I signed up to race in SM? That is the way I ready you response. I just want to be double sure before I cross WG off my schedule this year.

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53
The Bonus National is a regular National for all classes plus another National race for one selected group. As I just read, it will be for FV, F500 & FF. Thus, those classes will have two National races while everyone else has one.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
Thanks Jim!

K. Webb