Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88
The linoleum slip plates actually work really well. I bought the smoothest texture I could find (fake parquet wood tiles) and set them with the peel off plastic together so it's slippery plastic on plastic. I've tried rocking the car back and forth on the scale pads, jacked the car up or bounced the corners but using the cheap slip plates I actually see very little change after doing that. I set my notebook on the trunk and I see more change in weights. It's totally doable. Like I said though, setting up the pads before you set the car on them can be a pain. Setting a laser level on a pad that's sitting on a 1* angle will throw off the leveling process a lot so I'll set it on the center of the pad and shim the level until it reads zero. I have tape marks on my floor though to keep the pads in the same place and once I have it set I'm good to go.

I've shopped around and found better deals on leveling pads in the $400-500 range but the bookmarks are on my work computer, it's Friday and I have no intention of firing that SOB up until Monday. :nonono: I've also seen it done with a platform made out of 2x12 lumber.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE
Still SERIOUSLY considering this system for the shop/track. No scales, no rolloff required, no jack up one side then the other. Its NOT digital but hey the math is pretty simple. Comments...........

http://www.sherline.com/alignsys.htm

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Would rather have scales, toe plates and my laser level tool :scratchchin: Fast, accurate and repeatable.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14
Julian, while your searching for scales Longacre's older style scales had height adjusters desinged into the base castings. This style is a bunch heaver than the newer style, but it's kind of a all in one deal. I have some home made wooden adjustable roll off scale stands that need to go. I'm upgrading to new roll off platforms for a cost of $500.00. I'll use some alum angle & rectangular tubing for ramps & bridges.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users