stewart

stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Region:great lakes
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:40
Shopping around, I noticed a KOYO radiator at advanced autosports for $160.00 less than the Springfield Dyno one at Saferacer. Are they both legal? I've heard a lot of chirpping about the Springfield Dyno. Whats everyone running? Koyo advertises that it mounts in factory holes.
Really trying to build it right the first time!!

Stewart
YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!!

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
Best deal on earth is miatacage.com for the springfield. It needs brakets to hold it I am pretty sure ot comes with them. By far its the best radiator, I have run a high dollar ron davis as well but car runs cool even at road atlants in august with the springfield. Have bought many things from miatacagee.com great people and sm racers there. If you took a pole I would bet it the radiator of choice at the front of the pack.

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

stewart

stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Region:great lakes
  • Car Number:40
I have not bought anything from them yet,I need to check them out. Saferacer dude has been a lot of help, they are SM'ers too. I figured the Springfield was the right answer. thanx
YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!!

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26
I've had great luck with this one. http://www.crracing....arket-radiators They are not cheap but here in the SE it gets the job done. It comes with mounting brackets and is a bolt in no hassle install.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Nash Lawson

Nash Lawson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Region:Nasa SE, SCCA SE
  • Car Number:23
I use the same one Keith does and it looks great in the car and keeps the car cool down here in the southern summers.
Nash Lawson

Ti-Speed Engineering Driver

2012 Carolina Cup Pro Series SM Champion
2011 NASA SE SM Regional Champion
2010 NASA SE SM Regional Champion

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
Just looked the Springfield Dyno is now same price on Saferacer as Miatacage.com! I am not sure how hot the car runs on the CR unit that Kieth and Nash are talking about, but the Dyno ran 200 degrees at Road Atlanta for me in August, it was hot enough out to fry an egg on the ground! My 99 makes the most power between 190 and 200 degrees... Maybe you guys can weigh in on how hot your cars were running that same day as I know you were both there?

K. Webb

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

HoneyBadger - BrianW

HoneyBadger - BrianW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:59
I am switching to the Springfield, because my Koyo doesn't cut it in the summer months. Temps climb north of 220 until I am forced to drop out of the draft. This is in Texas and we did have an exceptionally hot summer, but if you are going to be racing in hot areas, the Koyo just doesn't provide enough cooling.

On a side note, those of you that run Springfields, what do you do during the winter time to get the car up to temp? Do you run a thermostat? If so 160 deg? 180 deg?
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
I have never done anything with mine, when its cool to be honest. Sometimes my car is running 160 on the temp guage and seems like the power is right there. That or everyone else at the front is experiencing the same temps. I have thougth about a piece of tape on the grill, but never actually tried it.

K. Webb

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

On a side note, those of you that run Springfields, what do you do during the winter time to get the car up to temp? Do you run a thermostat? If so 160 deg? 180 deg?

I have been told by those in the know that tape is not legal, but stickers are. Using tape(or in this case stickers) is a method common in most other forms of racing to help bring the car up to temp.

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14
Tape or decal directly to the radiator is legal. ;)
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73
Factory Mazda t-stat. Tape is too inconsistent.
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

Factory Mazda t-stat. Tape is too inconsistent.

Ditto, with a Springfield rad.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA