Photo

Modifications to the Dashboard - What is allowed / disallowed?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR
You know a guy has a race fab addiction when he get excited about seeing clecos in fab pics..... :spin: :king: :scratchchin:

If you don't mind me asking (I'm not going to start selling them, hell I can't even finish my own car after a year...) is the sq tubing a jig for production with a donor piece cut out or are you cutting that entire part of the tunnel out, installing the clean tunnel mod and welding that part of the tunnel back in the car. I'm ASSuming (and we all know how well that works for me) that what you are showing is the produciton jig/tooling for the finished parts.

Again, very nice work. The bead rolling is a great attention to detail.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
The square tubes were made only as a jig to keep the piece of cut out floor and tunnel rigid and in its' original integrity. We cut a section out of a salvage car so my fabricator could build on a bench rather than climbing in and out of the car. The floor stays rigid in the car, but when you cut a piece out like we did to make the panels, it can get bent out of shape pretty easily and before you know it, you have made 10 pieces that don't fit the car :( I don't want to take credit for the piece, my fabricator makes these, I can't draw stick people personally. :( He is really talented. He has bead rolled Mazda logos as well as Honda logos in cars we have built. I may have the picture of the S200 rear deck tray he did somewhere here. He is as much an artist as a fabricator. I will post pictures if I can find.

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
I pulled out that piece in the S2000 and took a few shots. I managed to scratch it to , right but the dam Hondo logo :bash:

I want to add something like this for the rear deck of the Miata, just not sure what I want to roll into it? Maybe the new Mazdaspeed logo?

Jim

Posted Image

Posted Image

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR
Hey.... that's not the right logo for this site........ :guinness: :offtopic:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users