Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16881618095

My own use would be in a street car, but curious if anybody's actually used one.

Ernie Jr.

Ernie Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:2012
  • Car Number:98
The camera we all use are Flip Mino HD. It comes out very nicely and if extremely easy to edit.

This is an example of the camera in action. Look on 720p for the best. Sorry about the camera wobbliness we need to change my mount.

Ernie Francis Jr.
www.ErnieFrancisJrRacing.com
Pirelli World Challenge TCB/GTS Driver

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

htron435

htron435

Can't reMember

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Region:NASA Great Lakes
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:113
Ditto on the Flip camera. Great video for the money.

Jay North
ATC Trailer Dealer
www.jaynorthauto.com

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ernie Jr.

Ernie Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
The thing that sold us on the flip was the ease of editing and ease of downloaded to youtube.

Ernie Francis Jr.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30
Thanks Ernie. The key issue for me is having the recorder go on with external power, and save its video properly when the power is removed. What I'm looking for is something that goes on automatically when I drive the car, and stops automatically when I stop. The ability to automatically delete the oldest video to make room when the capacity runs out is a huge plus. Essentially I want to have the video recording whenever the car is moving, but I'll only unload the memory if something of interest happens.

The camcorder I mentioned is tuned to that operation -- would the Flip be able to be used that way?

Ernie Jr.

Ernie Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
I do not think so. We just turn it on when we get in the car. It can run for about 2 hrs if left recording, but I do not think it has what you are looking for.

Ernie Francis Jr.

Randy Thieme

Randy Thieme

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:51
Ha ha! Leave the motion detection feature on while racing and watch you're email inbox turn into a smoldering ruin. 11:02:003 something moved. 11:02:004 something moved. 11:02.005 something moved......
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users