• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
I've been snoozing and totally forgot to update the docs... Anyway, it's finally up: http://www.nasaprora...miata_rules.pdf
  • The high points are both organizations have the same weights & plates!
  • NASA has also followed SCCA on the overbore rule and added the 1.6 Mazdaspeed (Cusco) diff.
  • There may be some minor differences like: NASA remaining on Toyo RA1's and still allowing 1.6 steering rack shimming (has anyone tried it?) but there shouldn’t be much more.
  • I hope to add Appendix D that will include a shock testing proceedure and spec (hopefully the same as SCCA) by the end of April 2012. Note I said 'hope to'.

Please fine-tooth the thing and let me know if I screwed something up.
  • Rob Burgoon likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

juliancates

juliancates

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Region:NASA MA/SE
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:73
Thanks for posting, John!

Please fine-tooth the thing and let me know if I screwed something up.

Just did a quick scan of the redlines. The wording on this one should probably be cleaned up. Looks like a copy/paste or re-wording error?

14.3.1. 1990 – 1993 (1.6L)
• The OEM Viscous limited slip (4.30:1) or Mazda Competition Parts; part number QN10-
64-A00 (previously T0Y1-27-200 & 0000-02-5501) and a new alternate MAZDASPEED
#0000-02-5500 limited slip differential is now permitted as well is allowed.
Posted Image
2010 NASA Midwest GTS2 Runner-Up
2011 The SM Saga Begins

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Just did a quick scan of the redlines. The wording on this one should probably be cleaned up. Looks like a copy/paste or re-wording error?

14.3.1. 1990 – 1993 (1.6L)
• The OEM Viscous limited slip (4.30:1) or Mazda Competition Parts; part number QN10-
64-A00 (previously T0Y1-27-200 & 0000-02-5501) and a new alternate MAZDASPEED
#0000-02-5500 limited slip differential is now permitted as well is allowed.

Yeah, it was really late when I was doing this... I was channeling rainman while writing, definitely.

Thanks. Keep'em comming.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE
John one thing that bothered me at the Championship is that as written the 1.6 cars CAN NOT run the open diff, not sure why you would want to unless a last resort but NOT legal as written. Open diffs on other years is allowed. Additionally is it the "intent" to allow use of the 4.1 diff in 94-97 for regional races again this season?

FYI I did check 1.6 cars for open diffs and found NONE :)

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users