Randy Thieme

Randy Thieme

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:51
Has anyone used paint from Stewart Systems? http://www.stewartsy...ro/default.aspx They cater to the aircraft industry, particularly general aviation and light aircraft.

Their paint is water-soluble and apparantly much less toxic and hazardous. That makes it attractive for do-it-yourselfer's. But, because it is water soluble it does not adhere as well to conventional primers or old paint. They recommend using their own primer. Wondering if anyone has used their paint and what kind of results they got.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Dirt Surfer

Dirt Surfer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Year:1991
You need to read all the info such as equiptment requirements for air and price this stuff is close to $300.00 a gallon, not something you want to be learning on. I would be curious about the 1K color and how that would work I own a body shop and waterbornes have been out for a few years now but it's the base only not the clears. The base lays out great it just takes a while longer to dry out before you can clearcoat over it.
I'm not Crazy but I'am a Carrier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users