MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22

Finally remembered to turn on the camera. Thank you to my lovely wife for showing me how to work a MacBook for the editing.

Highlights and lowlights, Spoiler alert...
The end sucked for me. LOL
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03
Good picture. Need a wider angle.

God that turn 1 dip sucks.....

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
I have to work on that, my wide angle isn't as wide as my old camera. If i get too far in the car it thinks the car is too dark and lets in too much light. I'm sure someone could tell me how to set it up better. Sony HDCXR-110.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41
I don't have your camera, but....

Its usually a function called "spot meter", which works by adjusting the exposure settings based on a particular spot in the view finder. Sometimes its selectable, sometimes its a fixed point. The setting is typically somewhere in the "manual mode" section of the camera menus.

I just looked in the manual for your camera, and it does include a "spot meter" function, under "manual settings". Quick cut&paste from the PDF:

Touch the subject in the frame of which you

want to adjust the exposure.

To return the setting to automatic exposure,

touch [AUTO].

Notes

[EXPOSURE] is automatically set to

[MANUAL].

It also says that there is a manual exposure option. Again, a cut&paste from the PDF:

You can fix the brightness of a picture

manually. Adjust the brightness when the

subject is too bright or too dark.

Touch / to adjust the brightness.

To adjust the exposure automatically, touch

[AUTO].

NOTE: Both options are described in pull on page 65 of the Handycam Handbook. I found the manual here:

http://esupport.sony...als#/manualsTab

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41
Sorry about the stupid fonts above. My computer (oooooold internet explorer) doesn't like the forum quick editor code, and I can't adjust font sizes. Copy and paste it to notepad or something if you can't read it.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
It seems just as bad going that way :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

I don't have your camera, but....

Its usually a function called "spot meter", which works by adjusting the exposure settings based on a particular spot in the view finder. Sometimes its selectable, sometimes its a fixed point. The setting is typically somewhere in the "manual mode" section of the camera menus.

I just looked in the manual for your camera, and it does include a "spot meter" function, under "manual settings". Quick cut&paste from the PDF:

Touch the subject in the frame of which you

want to adjust the exposure.

To return the setting to automatic exposure,

touch [AUTO].

Notes

[EXPOSURE] is automatically set to

[MANUAL].

It also says that there is a manual exposure option. Again, a cut&paste from the PDF:

You can fix the brightness of a picture

manually. Adjust the brightness when the

subject is too bright or too dark.

Touch / to adjust the brightness.

To adjust the exposure automatically, touch

[AUTO].

NOTE: Both options are described in pull on page 65 of the Handycam Handbook. I found the manual here:

http://esupport.sony...als#/manualsTab

Thanks for help Tom. I would like the quality of the video to be better than the driving.

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

It seems just as bad going that way :)

Have you met the wall? Interestingly some people think the other way is safer.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Have you met the wall? Interestingly some people think the other way is safer.

No but seen it happen a few times.. IMO the way you are running in video is safer than the other way. Coming on start finish straight in the opposite direction is pretty hairy at speed and if you miss, you write off the car.
  • tLinder likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

No but seen it happen a few times.. IMO the way you are running in video is safer than the other way. Coming on start finish straight in the opposite direction is pretty hairy at speed and if you miss, you write off the car.

Seen that happen close up. I don't think running the track CW is safe.

I have seen 2 SM's written off, and big damage to at least 3 others.
  • William Keeling likes this

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA