• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Region:NorCal
Hey, congratulations! That's exciting even if it's not sm...

Good luck in the race.

Dean

Former driver

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Charlie, Phillip, Jamie, Kyle...not exactly sure after that. Craigs diff went running 3rd and had to pull off at 8. Field started with the top 10 inverted...Todd Wilson poll with Kyle L...Charlie, Phillip, Jamie, Craig in the back. At turn 2 Charlie was side by side with Kyle L...hell of a start for Charlie! Those 2 checked out. Phillip, Jamie and Craig slowly moved up...kudos to Todd Wilson...stayed right up there.

Charlie and Kyle caught the back of the E30's about at the 2/3 mark. Exiting the carousel a E30 spun in front of them. From where we were we thought for sure Charlie was going to T-bone the guy and Kyle would get through. But as they reappeared at 7 Charlie was alone and Kyle was back to 6th or 7th. I guess Charlie avoided by going right off track in the dirt. When the guy didn't go 2 feet in and rolled backward just as he finshed his spin, Kyle had to go left and do a half pipe move up the hill and spun...but managed to keep it going and get back a few spots by the end of the race.

Aaron and John G(imagine this)had a little contact in 2...after many laps battling. Looked like John came around the outside up the hill and gained a little overlap. Aaron gave room but Johns front end washed out and they made contact...John spinning to the inside and Aaron dropping a couple at the exit.

Good Race!

BIG CONGRATS CHARLIE!! :thumbsup:
  • Charlie Hayes likes this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Glen McCready

Glen McCready

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:NorCal/SFR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:4

Hey, congratulations! That's exciting even if it's not sm...

Thanks! Clean (and slow, very slow -- too slow) kept the provisional happy. Attrition/spins put me 5/8 in class -- one place higher and I would have been in trouble for not stopping in impound! ;-) I'll take it with the timeline I'm working with right now. Looking forward to meeting you at the track, I've watched a bunch of video...

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
Super stoked on that as a first win. I cased my left rear tire, grip was very low on the last few laps. The exit of 8a and turn 10 started getting exciting and I almost threw it all away on in turn 11 on the last lap with Phil now on my bumper. Hope we can have another good run tomorrow. We will see what happens with the weather....
  • Ron Alan and Alberto like this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
Charlie!!!!!! Way to go, Brother. Wish I was there to see it. Victory was inevitable. Hard work does pay off.

Former driver

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990
Glen - Nice to finally meet you.

Charlie - Congrats dude!

Also congrats to Johnny D on a kick ass performance in Sunday morning's enduro. We were in P1 for a while after a challenging start. I think he wound up starting from the back but wound up leading for a while and finishing in P2. Another trophy! Yipee! Kickass crew as well. ;-)

gkmccready

gkmccready

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Region:SFR/NorCal
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:4
Nice to meet you, too, Alberto! I got three more clean session in Sunday and more happy provisional license stuff. Looking forward to April at Thunderhill.

I'm stupid down on power. Pack came out of T11, stacked up, green waved, we all stomped it... everybody was entering the uphill when I got to the green flag (gridded 14th).

Flyin' Miata Stage 2.5 suspension is fun for the street but doesn't cut it on track. I'm running SM wheels and tires. Had 37psi hot all around and the car would under and over steer. Dropped a bit in the rears to try and calm it down for the race and that helped a tonne.

Landed consistent 2:14.x in the race, which is terrible, but given what I'm working with and being a first race weekend guy I'll survive. Also turned my fastest lap of the weekend at 2:14.1 as the traffic thinned significantly for the 5:20pm race.

Stayed out of the way, no contact, no offs, no spins. I'll call it successful for getting signed off Saturday morning...
  • Alberto likes this

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!! Congrats Kyle on your first podium in race 4 today :clap: Well deserved with a great 50 minute drive!!

Kudos to Craig for starting dead last and finishing P2 :thumbsup: (most patient and best drive of the day!) Phillip was there the whole time...finding out just how pesky those E30's are...and finishing with 1 PPF bolt hanging out 5" and bent and the other 2"s out :shocking:

Helped crew for Darin and Charlie in the enduro...hands down the fastest E3(PTE) up by a minute at the 2:45 mark until a little pit incident that cost us 15 minutes :banghead: Live and learn!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Jaime Florence

Jaime Florence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:96
Video from Saturday race

Video from Sunday race

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

KyleLoustaunau

KyleLoustaunau

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Region:sfr
  • Car Number:89
Saterday race
Was having an awsome battle with charlie until you know... and check out my helmet cam from friday http://mazdaracers.c...-sm-helmet-cam/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYaNP84qSEI&context=C4a944ceADvjVQa1PpcFOzSeiO1oNm89bse3-Zmt5KWVVJP225IA4=
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
Hahahaha! That was sooooooo amazing from your angle. It really looks like I hit the e30 but you went for a RIDE!
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Seriously need to edit down the 40+ minute videos.
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
Just scroll to the 15 minute mark for action.

That clip shows you why you never let go of the brake even when you think you stopped. That could have hurt both parties!

Phillip Holifield

Phillip Holifield

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Car Number:20
Here is my video from Saturday.. I just wish there were a few more laps :D

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
VERY NICE DRIVE, Phillip! Very mature race craft. Patient when you needed to be and opportunistic when you could. It was a pleasure to watch.

To all the drivers that appear in the video - good clean racing!! It's great to see close, competitive yet cooperative racing like this. Well done, Sirs. Well done.

Kyle - watching your videos next... :)

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

Macgiver

Macgiver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Region:Northern California
  • Car Number:17
Hey Philip glad I didnt make it to easy for you!!!!

Phillip Holifield

Phillip Holifield

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Car Number:20
No you didn't!! That was some good defensive driving and you kept me guessing how to get by.

Thanks Dean. Its been a while since I've raced with a lot of the other drivers or the E30's and I was just trying to be patient and learn their styles as the race went on. I thought you might like my look into 11 on the last lap :D
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
Heh, I missed that the first time, Phillip. Very subtle move but effective and it *almost* got you the win! You learn fast!! :)

Hope it wasn't too much of a burden for you to have to carry $350 worth of Toyo Buck$ home. Not a bad haul for a weekend.

Kyle - heck of a drive, Brother. Bad luck with that SE30 in T6. Amen to always going 2 feet in - that was inches away from being really ugly.

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

Macgiver

Macgiver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Region:Northern California
  • Car Number:17
Hope you race more NASA Philip! That was great wish I could have kept you off longer

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

My Saturday race. Had a fun time with Kyle and almost hand delivered the race to Phil while being special.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users