Photo

Photos What is the best way to put them up here for everyone to see ?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

GreenValley

GreenValley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:87
I have some shots from Cal Speed Spec Miata race to share. What is the best way to get them on here ? Links, Upload ? res ?

Sorry for the delay in getting them over here too, but got tied up as soon as we got back.

Looking forward to going to Willow this weekend even though I will be running only NASA PTE and enduros only this year, but will be tagging along to most SCCA events in socal.

See everyone this weekend.

Tony

Flubis Foto

www.flubis.com

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR
I use Flickr and past it in as BBCode though if you are hosting on your own site as it appears, you can direct link from your site. I just tried an html direct link from your site to here and it worked. I try to keep mine under 600 pix wide because even though most of what I'm on is 1600x1000 plus (or more if it's an editing station) there are still plenty of times I'm on a 13" laptop or my phone. We're starting to integrate the 27" Apple Thunderbolts on the newer stations and at 2560x1680 at 16:9 it's stunning. And it better be for a grand...... Makes 720p look like SD. :king:

davecarama

davecarama

Instructor

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Region:Mid-Atlantic
  • Car Number:63
YOu can use any photo site, like photobucket.com, flikr.com, etc...

Most of mine I post to Facebook anyway, so I right click the image open in new window, and then right click that full image and copy address. That address is what you post in the line item.

I also think there is a photo section on this site. You can post the images there... then do the same (right click that full image and copy address).

Dave
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

GreenValley

GreenValley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts
Clement Lee takes the sweep ! Great job on the last lap Sunday too !

Posted Image
Clee-1 by FG Foto, on Flickr

GreenValley

GreenValley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts
This BB is not letting it display the photo when set up as a link. Maybe its me :-)

Maybe someone can help that has been doing it. Is there a way to display them in the post or they have to be linked ?

I can save low res copies on Flickr to link up or put up a low res file on my server and host them all there, just didnt think everyone would want multiple clicks :-)

Chris Adams

Chris Adams

Rep. of Lexington, KY

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Region:NASA-GL
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:187

This BB is not letting it display the photo when set up as a link. Maybe its me :-)

Maybe someone can help that has been doing it. Is there a way to display them in the post or they have to be linked ?

I can save low res copies on Flickr to link up or put up a low res file on my server and host them all there, just didnt think everyone would want multiple clicks :-)

You need to embed the url of the photo itself into the [*img] www. URL OF PHOTO HERE .jpg [*/img] tags. Take out the * in the img and /img tags and replace the middle portion with your URL of your photo.

Optionally, click the multiquote button and see how this photo is setup:
Posted Image

OK, in doing this I found you cannot just look at the code when you use multiquote.

SO... copy paste your URL into your reply box, backspace to get the blue line off of the url so BB doesnt automatically tag it as such, and then put your img tags around the url.
Chris Adams
90' SM
NASA-GL #187 SM

GreenValley

GreenValley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks, got it !

0 user(s) are reading this topic