2 replies to this topic

Chris70

Chris70

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Region:NER
Goulart Awarded Prestigious SCCA President's Cup

SHELTON, CONN. (March 6, 2012) - When the calendar moved from 2011 to 2012, 31-year-old Elivan Goulart wondered how any racing season could top the one he'd just had: 3 victories in 6 starts in SCCA competition, a National Championship award in Spec Miata, SCCA Northeast Driver of the Year honors, and a thrilling cap to his season - a championship trophy at the NASA 25 hours of Thunderhill. Never in his wildest dreams did he consider he would be added to a list of drivers that includes names like Roger Penske, Bobby Rahal, Skip Barber, Paul Newman, and Jim Hall. But sometimes, wild dreams come true, and at the SCCA Annual Awards banquet on March 4 in Las Vegas, Goulart became a permanent addition to the roster of recipients of the SCCA President's Cup.

The SCCA President's Cup is presented to the driver demonstrating ability, competitiveness and success at the National Championship Runoffs. It has been awarded since 1954.

"What a humbling way to cap off an amazing year," Goulart said. "To even be listed alongside drivers like Penske, Skip Barber and Jim Hall - what an honor."

Hall, who was at the banquet to receive recognition for being added to the Hall of Fame, made quite an impression on Goulart.

"It was very exciting to meet Jim at the banquet, and he truly was an inspiration to talk with and listen to."

Goulart paid special attention to thanking the people who he said were responsible for getting him to this place in his career.

"I would like to thank my wife and my family for their unwavering support, especially my father for being there through it all when we started racing what seems like so long ago.

"Also, I have to thank Michael Quadrini for giving me the opportunity to showcase his Invader Formula 500 race cars and bring home two SCCA National Championships in 2001 and 2002. Also James Elder and Bob Berman for the same opportunity to showcase their FSCCA open wheel car to a pro championship in 2004.

"And of course, a big thank you to Chris Maybury for giving me the opportunity to drive his Spec Miata built my father and Savings Auto Center Racing to a 2011 National Championship," he said.

"I also want to thank SCCA, it's officials, corner workers, and all other volunteers that make this club a place that welcomes and provides racers a path to their dreams," Goulart added.

And for Goulart, dreams, no matter how wild, have an exciting way of coming true.

Donor - Made PayPal donation

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39
Pretty damn awesome that we now have a Spec Miata driver in that category. Congrats Elivan - will be watching your career in the pro ranks.

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Chris70

Chris70

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Region:NER
On Elivan`s behalf we thank you Danny. good luck with the new car, it looks great and Tom should be proud of it.
Donor - Made PayPal donation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users