• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
So last weekend I was skiing with some buddy's at Mammoth Mountain (western Sierra's). After a day on the slops we headed to the bar, motocross race in a downpour of rain was on the TV.

I was making some comments about how cool yet crazy hard it must be to race bikes in those deep ruts will all that mud. The waitress asked if I rode dirt bikes, I said "No, I race cars though". She asked what kind of cars, I replied "Well it's not the most manly of cars". She said, "What is it a Mazda Miata?" My buddy's nearly died laughing.

Just thought I'd share the love.
  • svvs and Lee Thomas like this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?
Once upon a time my friends and I were in the bar. A girl comes up to me and the following conversation ensues:

G: "What do you do on the weekends"
V: "I race cars"
G: "Ohh thats awesome.....what type of cars?"
V: <sweating a bit because he knows he just dug a hole>"......uhhhh, sports cars"
Vick's Friend: "Vick you race a fricking miata. Just bail out man!"

Yeah, that was fun.
  • john mueller and Lee Thomas like this

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:56
People ask me all the time, "why do you keep calling it your race car"

also, had the car at a mall show the past weekend, cant tell you how many times I got asked if it was turbo'd
  • john mueller likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
With an open trailer, the typical gas station exchange with pimply-faced cretins: "You run a turbo?" "You using NOS?" "Do you street race?" "How much power does it make?" "How fast does it go?"

For the last two questions I've started lying: "It makes about 500 HP." "It tops out about 200 mph."
  • john mueller likes this
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:91

With an open trailer, the typical gas station exchange with pimply-faced cretins: "You run a turbo?" "You using NOS?" "Do you street race?" "How much power does it make?" "How fast does it go?"

For the last two questions I've started lying: "It makes about 500 HP." "It tops out about 200 mph."

You from Florida?
  • Caveman-kwebb99 likes this
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Number:56

wait yours doesnt? :hatchet: :whistling:

best gas station convo I had.... 28" enclosed trailer, had a kid ask what was inside the trailer. i said dead bodies. then got in my truck and left with a smile. :devil:
  • john mueller and High Chair like this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88
Somehow, the answer to "What kind of car do you race?" always seems to sound like this:

• Alberto likes this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Number:97

You from Florida?

No but his hubs have special grease; KY I think.
  • Caveman-kwebb99 likes this
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Number:97

wait yours doesnt? :hatchet: :whistling:

best gas station convo I had.... 28" enclosed trailer, had a kid ask what was inside the trailer. i said dead bodies. then got in my truck and left with a smile. :devil:

Thats great! Not to mention that line can be used for all types of conversations. Wait until I go through the next weigh station. That should really get them going. :)
  • AJ Roderick likes this
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users