4 replies to this topic

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Mazda's struggles http://bottomline.ms...ne-out-of-mazda

My take - in many instances their street car aesthetics are just plain weird, but the MZR-R Lola is choice.
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:56

From the article....

"Mazda officials have put on a game face, insisting that this has freed them up to follow their own path without the compromises inherent in an alliance. The payoff has been SkyActiv.

The comprehensive system involves the transformation of just about every element of the automobile, from chassis design to the smallest water pump. But the key features are a lighter yet stronger body and more efficient gasoline and diesel powertrains."

What diesel powertrain have then been working on? :blink:

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
Sky-G is the Skyactive gas motor you are seeing now Sky-D is the diesel version. Not sure when it will be released but I got to hear Robert Davis speak about this about 16 months ago. He laid it all out and the Skyactive program is certainly living up to its intent. Hybrid type fuel economy in a gasoline engine.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:56
Does that mean Mazda will be coming out with a new truck or gonna have diesel cars?
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

wreckerboy

wreckerboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Region:NJ
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:53
The gasser is currently available on the 3 and the CX-5, and the diesel is reputed to be coming as part of the 5 next year. No word if a new 2 is coming soon with or without the engine.
Rob Myles | "I didn't lose, I got out-painted!"
Hero To The Momentum Challenged
WDCR SSM #30

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users