Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:NW
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:3
Brian, Sean, etc., etc., etc. put on an amazing school this weekend. Thank you all so much. Because of your efforts it appears that we have a large number of newbies to pick on and hopefully most of them will become arch rivals in the future (especially my daughter Sheridan).

Four years ago I went through the school and it was great. However; the changes made over the past few years have improved it immeasurably. I applaud your efforts and think your are on the right track. The students were under control and learning every session. Today I went out with the last run session and didn't encounter a bum in the lot.

On another note: Now that a bunch of you students are official Novices, it is time for you to get involved on mazdaracers.com and start trash-talking each other. Please do it in a friendly manner and with the intent of bettering your's and each other's performance. About 99% of the people at the track are good people (we-run off the other 1% quickly) and over time become good friends. Have fun, get fast, and enjoy life.

Finally to the newbies: The front runners in SM here are among the best in the nation. While I am unfortunately not one of them, we have a stable of drivers who can win any race in the country. This is the deep end of the pool and the best place on Earth to learn SM. Take advantage of their knowledge and skill and again, have fun!

Terrell

Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Also, a huge thank you to everyone this weekend. You made my daughter feel welcome and part of the crew. It's a big deal for a kid to be treated this way by a bunch of adults. She left the track feeling ecstatic (maybe something to do with the pass just before the finish line) and hasn't come down from cloud nine yet. In fact, I noticed her laptop disappeared this morning about the time she went to school. Maybe it has something to do with the video on it of her first race? I would bet she runs the battery down today showing it to friends. Her mother and I agree that she is probably a racing addict at this point. Oh well, I guess I will have to make more money this year.

You guys and gals are great and Chris, Sheridan, and I appreciate it.

Terrekk

Ken SM94

Ken SM94

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:94
Terrell, your daughter is a pleasure to be around and should be proud of herself. Her disposition is a credit to her parents (mostly her mother I'm sure), well done!!

I hope to see you both out there again soon.

If you run short of money and can only support one car, you know who I'm pulling for! :^)
Ken Sutherland
1976 4th Grade Bowling Series-Most Improved
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ken SM94

Ken SM94

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Car Number:94
And by the way... You can thank Brian Towey for the vision to improve the school and Sean Hedrick for helping execute. These guys put a ton of effort into the changes and didn't always have the support of the "old guard", if you know what I mean.

I'm sure there are a lot of others to thank behind the scenes but without Towey it would be the same old school...

Thanks Brian and Sean!
Ken Sutherland
1976 4th Grade Bowling Series-Most Improved
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Joy of 6

Joy of 6

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

And by the way... You can thank Brian Towey for the vision to improve the school and Sean Hedrick for helping execute. These guys put a ton of effort into the changes and didn't always have the support of the "old guard", if you know what I mean.

I'm sure there are a lot of others to thank behind the scenes but without Towey it would be the same old school...

Thanks Brian and Sean!

I also appreciate Brian & Sean's assistance. Have a lot of miles on the track and still learned a lot from them (and a little from Ken too)

grazie,
Ed

Dudley

Dudley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:01
All of the novice drivers that ran the sm, in terrible conditions deserve a huge ataboy. I am not aware of any off tracks, and or misshaps during the race. Great job folks.

Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
What I loved was the brush painted Partridge Family car with the old man in it (Ed) passing so many other cars. I must say I had my doubts about IT-J(unk) but now I am converted. Quite frankly, I was wrong. Also, a big congratulations to the other 17 year-old girl (I can't remember her name) in the IT-J class. She did a fantastic job. The only thing is we need is to convince her Dad to move her to SM. She's very good.

Dani Ferrara

Dani Ferrara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Region:Oregon Region
  • Car Number:00
Terrell, it's awesome having another father/daughter team out there! She did great and it was fun talking and hanging out with you guys.

Oh and by the way, you'd better watch your back, cause if Sheridan is anthing like me, then you are the #1 person she wants to beat! ;)

Hope to see you both out there again soon!

www.FerraraRacing.com

Mark Lenney

Mark Lenney

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Car Number:37
Glad I found this forum!

And that was me watching Sheridan go by at the end. HA!
That's what I get for just trying to keep it on the pavement. (well it did SNOW after all!)

What a great experience to go through the school with that crew of instructors.
And I gotta give a big thanks to Will for all the help getting there, and during the weekend.

I too was real impressed how there where no wrecks to speak of during the SM race. Nice to get out there with some capable folks.

Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Don't feel bad about getting passed. She had a little radio coaching going on. Yes, Dad's help their daughters. The main thing is none of you newbies got last, I reserved that honor for myself. Seems like I had more fun following you guys than racing that day. It won't happen next race. Prepare to be lapped!

Also, now you know what it's like to be passed by Kyle Keenan. These snot nosed kids are fast. I guess they just don't respect their elders.

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:Oregon Region
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:44

Also, now you know what it's like to be passed by Kyle Keenan. These snot nosed kids are fast. I guess they just don't respect their elders.

Hey now, I'm just trying to be in front should your brakes happen to go out or something and you need to use me to slow down ;) You should be thanking me!

#44 Team KBR/KKRProducts.com Spec Miata
#44 Team KBR/Dick Hannah Kia Rio B-Spec/ World Challenge TCB
#16 & #36 Blairco Spec Miata's, ICSCC

2014 SCCA B-Spec National Champion

Dick Hannah Dealerships | Kia Racing | Team-KBR.com | KKRProducts.com | DBB | Fast Specialties | Blairco Heating | SBOX Engineering | Sikk Shades by Eddie Bauer, JR | Hawk Performance

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users