2 replies to this topic

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
  • Car Year:1999
Spent Saturday and Sunday at the Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton. Weather for the most part was dry or dryish. Sorry you guys had the rain in Portland. I am quite confident that once you have driven at The Ridge, you will agree that it is the best track in the Northwest and maybe in the top 5 on the entire west coast. These guys got it right. It is fast, technical and beautiful. Close to shopping, lodging, food, gas and easy off I-5 on 101. If you don't register and run the SCCA race in April you are missing a great opportunity to participate in the first sanctioned event! The plans for future development are aggressive.

I think this may be the biggest, and certainly best, SCCA event of the year...Rose Cup not withstanding!

Bill-

http://ridgeracingschool.com/
Link to the Ridge and upcoming track days should anyone want to get out before the race weekend.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ken SM94

Ken SM94

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:94
Any updates on the paving of the poddock areas? They had one part paved when I was there last but a large event would require much more.

What about curbing and run-off areas? They don't seem to have any updates on thier site......

I plan to be there either way..... Pray for sun!!
Ken Sutherland
1976 4th Grade Bowling Series-Most Improved
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
  • Car Year:1999
Hey Ken....

The paved paddock is still the same and it was a bit crowded this past weekend for the school weekend. The curbing is all done...just some finished grading needed. As I understand it, they will have everything smoothed out so that there is some sanity to any off's. All the concrete barriers down the front straight need replacing as they are curved on the track side and would present a bad situation for any OW cars. But, everyone seems to feel the track will be ready to go for the April event. They are ultimately planning on paving a significant portion of the area to the right of the existing paddock, but do not know whether they plan to do it before the April event. The have also installed quite a bit of guard rail up top.

Here's a quick link to a one lap video from Sunday......https://vimeo.com/38818784

As this was my first time actually out behind the wheel, I can say this is a fantastic track to drive. Feels like a HP track to me whether you have 120hp or 420hp....but fast, technical and demanding. I think it requires much more effort than either PIR or PR....there is absolutely no resting on the ridge.

I hope a lot of the Oregon guys will venture up for the weekend. And found a great steak house in downtown Shelton!

Bill-
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users