7 replies to this topic

rtspence

rtspence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:59
If you have been a victim of paddock theft at Road Atlanta, you will be happy to hear that the thief has been caught.
The paddock thief that has stolen from race participants at Road Atlanta and several other race tracks has been caught in Gainesville, Georgia.
If you have been a victim of theft at Road Atlanta, you may contact the detective working the cases in Hall County, Joe Marriotti at 770 531-6879.
Check out the link for the full story

http://www.vintagemo...ews.asp?id=2391

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
I CAN ONLY HOPE SOME OF THE KNOTS ON HIS HEAD CAME DURING HIS ARREST.

He got many of us at Barber over the years, this was literally this guys career. I recognize his face.

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

CARacer

CARacer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991
This is classic! ""He was subdued in the pits by some of the fans and spectators and had to be taken to the hospital and treated" before he was booked into jail." Subdued, indeed. In the mugshot he's wearing a neck brace! :rotfl:
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Butch Kummer

Butch Kummer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
Reports are he "fell" while trying to elude his pursuers at the GatorNationals. Gotta be careful when negotiating steps on a motorhome, particularly one that isn't yours!

Butch Kummer

Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (2012-2014)

Tom Neel

Tom Neel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Region:SE
  • Car Year:2008
Glad to see he has been caught! We have been hit twice in the past to years pretty hard.....Hopefully he doesn't have a helper still out and about!

Tom Neel
Founder
www.PartsGroup.com
Recycled Miata & MX5 Parts Since 2004
386-446-0051

mdavis

mdavis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Region:Texas
Interesting. This weekend my whole rig (truck, trailer, 2 miatas) was stolen from a secured yard. They used a wrecker to pull down the gate. The cops found the truck within 8 hours (Lojack) and the trailer yesterday (emptied and left at a church). The guys at the shop next to mine saw the dip s thief driving the 99 around a grocery store parking lot yesterday but couldn't get turned around to catch him. Today I cruised that neighborhood myself and found the cars in his driveway covered with a couple of tarps. Of course all my tools, gear, spares, etc are still missing.

I hope these two guys end up in the same place.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jonathan Ng

Jonathan Ng

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Reports are he "fell" while trying to elude his pursuers at the GatorNationals. Gotta be careful when negotiating steps on a motorhome, particularly one that isn't yours!

:whistling:

camjones44

camjones44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Texas
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:30

Interesting. This weekend my whole rig (truck, trailer, 2 miatas) was stolen from a secured yard. They used a wrecker to pull down the gate. The cops found the truck within 8 hours (Lojack) and the trailer yesterday (emptied and left at a church). The guys at the shop next to mine saw the dip s thief driving the 99 around a grocery store parking lot yesterday but couldn't get turned around to catch him. Today I cruised that neighborhood myself and found the cars in his driveway covered with a couple of tarps. Of course all my tools, gear, spares, etc are still missing.

I hope these two guys end up in the same place.

Where were you at? What kinda of "rig" are we talking about? That is really brave! What are you guys seeing? At track incidents or in transit incidents?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users