FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
Watching the Grand Am race today at Barber. Is there a SCCA or NASA race at Barber? I think I would like to drive it.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03
I know the SCCA has a regional weekend typically right before the runoffs. Sometime in early Sertember I think.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Butch Kummer

Butch Kummer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
In 2012 Alabama and Atlanta Regions will host a Double Rational at Barber Motorsports Park over Labor Day weekend. In the past this has been a double regional, but we figured we'd also make it a "Last Chance to Qualify for the Runoffs" for those that end up needing the points.

Event will be Aug 31 - Sep 2 (Friday thru Sunday) so you'll have Monday for travel and/or to spend with your family.

Butch Kummer
Competition Director
Atlanta Region SCCA

James York

James York

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
This is excellent Butch. One reason I have never went to Barber was that the races were only regionals, so my time and money went elsewhere.

I might have to put this race on the calender to attend this year as I have heard the track is very nice.

James York

sponsored by:

powered by:

2003 Spec Miata

James York

James York

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
Well I just checked our SOWDIV schedule. Conflict of course. So I have a choice:

A. Great track, long tow= Barber
B. Sucky track, 60 mile tow= MSRH
  • Cnj likes this

James York

sponsored by:

powered by:

2003 Spec Miata

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
Thanks Butch I will keep this in mind is that going to be listed on Motorsportsreg.com?

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Butch Kummer

Butch Kummer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
Historically we've topped out (depending on weather and gas prices) at 150-180 cars per day for that weekend and most of those were SEDiv drivers running the SARRC series. Last year we figured out just what you said - guys from surrounding divisions had no incentive to attend because they don't care about SARRC points. The event is not financially feasible as a straight National because it's too close to the Runoffs and folks don't want to take a chance on tearing their car up. Making it a Double Rational answers the complaint by SEDiv National drivers that their/our season is over in May, gives "unlucky" Runoffs hopefuls one last chance to earn an invitation without towing to Colorado, retains the importance to SARRC drivers, and provides another reason for OOD drivers to attend one of the most attractive tracks in the country (it really IS a first-class facility - automatic butt-wipers in the restrooms and all!). Hope to see a bunch of you guys in September...

BK

Yes - it will be on MSR and I'll post here as a reminder when registration opens.

James York

James York

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
It's definately a good move on SEDIV's part. It should help attendance.

James York

sponsored by: