Late_Apex_Racing

Late_Apex_Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:CA
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:28

In other news, HUGE THANKS to Dave Sparks for his heads-up driving saving my (and his) ass on Saturday morning in PT practice...

Who said I was saving your ass? I was just thinking about all the work in store if I didn't miss you. :)

I thought I used all my luck up after that one, but I also missed the big wreck in T1 in the afternoon.

Anyway, glad I found this place. Been having fun racing with all of you.

Dave

Slacker

Slacker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Northern California
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:#52
Little off topic, but I owe these gentlemen a thank you!

Last weekend I showed up for my first ever race weekend at Thunderhill. I arrived totally green, with limited tools, very few back up parts and no idea of what I had gotten myself into. As luck would have it, I was quickly taken in by a great group of racer. They helped me with everything from, when to start getting ready to go to grid, too making repairs to my car and providing me with race radios.

HUGE thank you to Doug Clark, Dennis Clark, Brian Leong, Dan Gehringer and Jason Watson!
Special thanks to MD!

Jeff Cox

Dennis

Dennis

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Region:NorCal
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:27
My video from Saturday's race. I got hit twice, once in RR wheel, once in LR wheel!

The gentlemen named above worked on my car after the BBQ (and a few brewskies) and got me back out for both races on Sunday. Thanks guys!

http://youtu.be/YdeZp6TsXzk

Dennis
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
I'm sorry SFR, but that turn 1 fiasco was a nightmare. How much coffee you guys drinking down there?? Feel bad for the guys just trying to get up to 2 unscathed. Maybe 1st race jitters?

Bill-
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Region:NorCal
Hate to even bring it up, but the two drivers that caused both the initial check-up and then the unsafe track re-entry were from... wait for it, Bill... Oregon.

Apology accepted. ;-)

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
symbol crash :rockband:

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

symbol crash

#$&@#$!@#%*&^&*%#!@#%^ *bang*
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

gkmccready

gkmccready

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Region:SFR/NorCal
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:4

Let us run a scanner on the same freq as race control so we can hear the flags as well as try and see them?

Anybody know what freqs NASA and/or track flaggers use at Thunderhill, Sonoma, Miller, etc?

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Anybody know what freqs NASA and/or track flaggers use at Thunderhill, Sonoma, Miller, etc?

It's FM 92.3 for the 25 at TH.
Try that or just ask.

Thanks for bringing my crash videos up to the top. :crying2:
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users