13 replies to this topic

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
  • Car Year:1999
Registration is now open for the 4 hour enduro at Pacific. If you have limited enduro experience, enter your SM in L3.....It would be awesome to have nice field of Miata's. The earlier the registration, the better paddock spot. I'm in and just need confirmation of the 2 additional drivers who have been approached. Can't wait!!
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
Sending out an invitation to all you SM guys in the SF region. Not sure what you have going on the weekend of April 9-10th, but check out the 4 Hours of Pacific Raceway link. Weather should be decent and no snow coming up I-5...
We'd love to have you.

http://irdc-racing.com/irdc_enduro.htm

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Team Cochran

Team Cochran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:80
The last couple of years this was a fun race. Its looking likely we'll miss it this year for driving.
Geoff
SM #80
Oregon SCCA
THE fastest SM Rental in the Northwest!

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
Sorry you won't be there this year Geoff. It was fun working for you and James (last year?).

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
One month to go til the "4 Hours of Pacific Raceway" enduro on April 10th. Just posted link to race site with NASA- Norcal. There is a limited class for non-enduro set up race cars. You don't need to have huge fuel cells as there is a limit of only 10 gallons of fuel at a time. A miata should be able to make the 4 hour race on 2 pit stops and 30 gallons of fuel. Visit motorsportsreg.com or the above posted link to IRDC. Would be fantastic to have more out of area teams. Pacific is a very fun and picturesque historic race track. Lots of good race video over on Vimeo or YouTube. Check it out and then register. Pacific Raceway is just 3 hours north of Portland.

Bill

Robert Linse

Robert Linse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:55
Im up for an enduro... how ever i cannot use my car and i will need to team up with drivers that are approximately the same height and weight.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Im up for an enduro... how ever i cannot use my car and i will need to team up with drivers that are approximately the same height and weight.

Robert...there are several cars entered stll looking for co-drivers. Go to the ICSCC website and find the thread. All teams are listed. I think Jeff Clark is still looking for a driver.....find a ride or come out anyway and say hi.

Bill

Ray Meister

Ray Meister

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:38

Sending out an invitation to all you SM guys in the SF region. Not sure what you have going on the weekend of April 9-10th, but check out the 4 Hours of Pacific Raceway link. Weather should be decent and no snow coming up I-5...
We'd love to have you.

http://irdc-racing.com/irdc_enduro.htm

SFR Season Opener is April 8 - 10 at Thunderhill.

Ray
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Robert Linse

Robert Linse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Robert...there are several cars entered stll looking for co-drivers. Go to the ICSCC website and find the thread. All teams are listed. I think Jeff Clark is still looking for a driver.....find a ride or come out anyway and say hi.

Bill

I have been tossing around the idea of running something other than a miata. But i am unable to register with icscc forums for some reason...
Really annoying...
Robert Linse
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
If any enduro team is in need of a driver, please contact Robert Linse. Robert is a very young, fast, developing driver currently running SCCA Oregon Spec Miata. He is probably 6'2 I would suspect. But a very talented (i.e. super fast) driver and a very nice young man, to boot!! Would be a tremendous addition to your team!

Suspect if you just post contact info here, Robert will be in touch. Robert....also pasted your last post over on ICSCC website......send me you phone number and I will post that as well.....

Bill

Robert Linse

Robert Linse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts

If any enduro team is in need of a driver, please contact Robert Linse. Robert is a very young, fast, developing driver currently running SCCA Oregon Spec Miata. He is probably 6'2 I would suspect. But a very talented (i.e. super fast) driver and a very nice young man, to boot!! Would be a tremendous addition to your team!

Suspect if you just post contact info here, Robert will be in touch. Robert....also pasted your last post over on ICSCC website......send me you phone number and I will post that as well.....

Bill

Thanks Bill

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
Just wrapped up the Enduro today making it back home around 8pm. Car ran unbelievably well. Had to change from a OEM 192 stat to a 180 stat Saturday evening and managed race temps of 195-200 all race long, Burned less than 1/2 qt of oil over 4 hours. Started off with a penalty for a driver missing the meeting and found ourselves down almost 2 laps 10 minutes into the race. Burned up a brand new set of rains. Second stint driver had an on track physical issue which brought him in early and very unexpectedly. I ran the final 1:35 aided by a couple of timely FCY, one due to major crash at 5A. Finished 2nd in a L3 (5 entries) and 3 laps back of P1 Miata. Young Robert Linse (thanks for all your help today) came within 10 minutes of being our 3rd driver! He'll have to provide "the rest of the story". See everyone at Rose Cup!

Mike Colangelo

Mike Colangelo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Region:Cal Club (SoCal)
Congrats again, Bill. It was fun watching you guys today. I volunteered to be a flagger and was at the Turn 2B station. Great view!

While the E1 cars (3 very fast BMWs, 1 very fast ground pounder, and 1 super-fast Porsche) got everyone's attention, I thought the closest racing was among the Miatas and CRXes. Lots of good, clean racing going on.

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Congrats again, Bill. It was fun watching you guys today. I volunteered to be a flagger and was at the Turn 2B station. Great view!

While the E1 cars (3 very fast BMWs, 1 very fast ground pounder, and 1 super-fast Porsche) got everyone's attention, I thought the closest racing was among the Miatas and CRXes. Lots of good, clean racing going on.

Yes, I guess you would have had a great view of the action. Consider it next year Michael as it was total blast even with a few of the issues we dealt with. Certainly weren't the quickest in L3, but we ran consistent and had no offs or mechanical issues, just the early penalty and a on track physical problem with Mike, but we pushed on and were lucky to finish ahead of Colin who was super quick on the track! Those CRX's would rock in E3 with larger fuel cells.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users