Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990
Nope. No heckling that I observed. Hung out for a bit at the social before going to dinner. Seems like there were some nice pics being taken of the Holifield family - and you know they are a nice lot. :) Chatted with big grand daddy H about our east coast roots. ;)

Wheretf are you and why aren't you down here? Hurry. The SM race is at 10. ;) :)
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:33 - San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:40 ;-)
Just wasn't in the cards this time around. Ill be there in June though!
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
Another great SCCA race weekend.

Laguna is always a fun experience. Heck, even just the drive to Laguna is like going on vacation with the awesome scenery.

I don't have any vids as I was rather disorganized this weekend. I chalk it up to first race of the year rustiness and stresses at the new job leading up to the weekend... I couldn't take off work on Fri so got no practice sessions - just quali Sat and race Sun. I forgot my helmet when I was going out for Quali. Rushed back to get it and then forgot to clip on the DefNDer further delaying me. Once out on track, I promptly spun at T2 a few times and between 2-3 once when I was supposed to be putting down fast laps... During the race, I spun it in T2 once and got all 4 off in T5. The tires didn't feel quite round after that... :banghead:

At least I was able to keep the car clean and didn't screw up anyone else's race and brought it home in one piece. :)

The social was fun too. Met some new people and caught up with some familiar faces.

Phillip Holifield

Phillip Holifield

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Car Number:20
Another great weekend in the books. Thanks everyone who came out to social. The battle at the front was intense both days.

Congrats to Doug on the win Sunday and Kyle for his "first" pole.

I also want to thank Ron for lending me a diff after qual Friday and Mike for lending me a set of tires when I ran mine off.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Ray Meister

Ray Meister

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:38
Sorry I missed all the fun. Work and college visits...

Ray
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Phillip Holifield

Phillip Holifield

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Car Number:20
My video from Sunday:

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

CARacer

CARacer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Car Year:1991
A few of my exciting moments from Saturday:

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

My video from Sunday:

Nice driving. Love how easy you made those passes look. Nice clean driving between the 3 of you up there w/ no paint being traded or low % passes.

Doug Makishima

Doug Makishima

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:52

My video from Sunday:

Here's the view of this race from my seat: http://youtu.be/W9IsP5o-C9k

It was great to be back in the Miata and back at Laguna after 6+ months. It was interesting getting re-acclimated to a rear-drive momentum car coming from my new front-drive, turbo MazdaSpeed3 USTCC gig. While Sat. SMT race was a disappointment due to an incident in T11 w/ 2 laps to go, Sunday worked out well. :)

Congrats to Phillip on the P1 on Sat! Sunday was some great racing up at the front - intense and close, but very clean.

Hope to be back again at the next Laguna or Infineon SMT race.

As always: Thanks to Competition Autowerks and Haag Performance!!!
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Guy Laidig

Guy Laidig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:28
I wanted to say thanks for allowing me take a swim in the Spec Miata pool. You guys make it look easy to go fast in these little cars!

Guy

Ray Meister

Ray Meister

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:38

Here's the view of this race from my seat: http://youtu.be/W9IsP5o-C9k

It was great to be back in the Miata and back at Laguna after 6+ months. It was interesting getting re-acclimated to a rear-drive momentum car coming from my new front-drive, turbo MazdaSpeed3 USTCC gig. While Sat. SMT race was a disappointment due to an incident in T11 w/ 2 laps to go, Sunday worked out well. :)

Congrats to Phillip on the P1 on Sat! Sunday was some great racing up at the front - intense and close, but very clean.

Hope to be back again at the next Laguna or Infineon SMT race.

As always: Thanks to Competition Autowerks and Haag Performance!!!

Doug,

May I say, your drive was "impressive, most impressive"

Ray
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

I wanted to say thanks for allowing me take a swim in the Spec Miata pool. You guys make it look easy to go fast in these little cars!

Guy

Nice driving Guy. You got some awesome times considering it was your second time in a Miata - and it wasn't even the same car either time.

Good luck at the ALMS race with AMG. I may come down to spectate and will be cheering out in the stands (probably T4 or T5)

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Our weekend started great but just went downhill from there. It's taken a week for me to reflect on the situation and come down from the frustration that was felt...and I'm just the crew! Can't imagine how Kyle felt :grr: Basically had the power, the set up and put the car on pole for Sat. race. Almost halfway through the race and Kyle was steadily pulling away from the field...then a missed shift(twice in the wrong gate!) cost a spot. A lap later in the same spot another missed shift cost 3 more spots. The rest was a blur with the highlight(low really!) being a braking mistake that ended up in the punting of one pit mate and the spinning of the other. After that the rest of the weekend seemed pretty unimportant.

I guess when you have what you believe is the first real opportunity to win and it slips away it's just a wee dissappointing :(

But onward we go! Here is a close call and fast lap of the weekend!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Greg Cicatelli

Greg Cicatelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Car Number:96
What an up and down weekend for me... first, congrats to Phillip on Sat. We were all pushing hard trying to chase him down. Second, congrats to Doug for a really impressive drive Sun - what a battle we had. I also added to my Holifield list of parts to replace - alternator, rotors, etc. I really appreciate Ron on the wrench getting me sorted too. Thanks guys! Was moderately happy with the run on Sun, but just didn't close the door fast enough out of T5 and crushed me in T6. At least I was able to pull one win off in Group 5. Look forward to the next round.

Cheers
Greg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users