Loren Greenspon

Loren Greenspon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Midwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:5
What is the going rate for renting a SM for the weekend? Obviously "you break it you buy it" situation, but what about the straight rental fees?

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
range 850-1250 per day maybe higher if you have an incredible car. Friday Sat Sun rental goes anywhere from 2500-3500 plus incedentals, fuel, and sometimes tires. crash deposit 5k, and a written agreement on total write off, and destroyed engine. I log my tach to the traqmate so I know everytime it gets over reved, penalty charges for over revs up to a total write off of an engine in case of a big over rev.

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Region:Chicago
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:72
Depends upon the situation. Are you renting from a shop that has to cover overhead, taxes, employees etc? Or from an individual who is just trying to cover some of his expenses.

What location? I charge more for a rental at Road America than I do at Blackhawk. RA requires travel, hotels, meals etc. At Blackhawk we all live close, no added expenses. I pass that savings on to the renter.

How long is the event? Fuel/towing costs are the same for a 3 day event as they are for a 1 day event. But amertised over 3 days is cheaper per day.

Who is paying for fuel, tires, etc.? What else comes with the rental, coaching? Lunch? Are you trailering the car yourself or is it coming in a semi with 5 other cars?

What is the quality of the car? Not just horsepower, but the quality of the overall build? Is there a crew that can fix what breaks, whether it is the drivers fault or just a parts failure? Does the team have the parts to fix it? A spare car, just in case?

All of these items need to factored into the rental decision/price. By both the renter and the rentee.

Dave

Dave Wheeler
Advanced Autosports, the nations most complete Spec Miata shop
Author, Spec Miata Constructors Guide, version 1 and 2.0

Building Championship winning cars since 1995

4 time Central Division Spec Miata Champion car builder 2012-2013-2014-2017

Back to Back June Sprints Spec Miata 1-2 finishes 2016 and 2017

5 time June Sprints winner in Mazda's

6 Time Northern Conference Champion Car Builder

2014 SCCA Majors National point Champion car builder

2014 SCCA Runoffs winner, T4 (Bender)

2014 Central Division Champion, ITS (Wheeler)

2013 Thunderhill 25 hour winning crew chief

2007 June Sprints winner, (GT1, Mohrhauser)

Over 200 race wins and counting.
www.advanced-autosports.com
dave@advanced-autosports.com
608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
What Dave said!!! ^^^^^^^^^

Our shop is at summit Point so we can give some great rates at our home track. For away races we charge for transportation. Rates start at $750 day and can go WAY north from there depending what you want to rent. If you want my personal car for the runoffs with crew you are looking at 12k. Look at whats included, excluded and what past customers have to say about their experince renting from the company.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users