svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?
I've been given the opportunity to test a f2000 formula continental.

I'd like to give it a try to drive a "proper" race car, but all I've ever driven is my spec miata (except for a three day skippy school in their formula cars).

Any quick advice? I was offered the car for a race weekend, but will probably only do a test day to see what the whole thing is like.

Thanks,
Vick

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

KAGEY

KAGEY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Region:DMVR
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:43
Don't go off course in a FF2000 as its easy to tear up wings and especially diffusers. :spin: You don't need to left foot brake although I'm sure someone will say you do. Once you get the hang of it hewlands are actually easier to upshift without the clutch and many drivers downshift without it. Have fun they are a blast to drive. What model are you driving?

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?
Thanks Kagey. how are they on curbs?

Van Diemen. Not sure the model number. If I do this it would be at NJMP, thunderbolt.

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

Marc Cefalo

Marc Cefalo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Region:NEPA
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:#00

Thanks Kagey. how are they on curbs?

Van Diemen. Not sure the model number. If I do this it would be at NJMP, thunderbolt.

Vick, I would not drive on the curbs. It's been years since I drove a formula based car but I can tell you you're inputs better be smooth.....in other words don't drive it like a spec miata....lol

Marc Cefalo

www.planet-miata.com

570-262-1013 direct

#1 source for new and used Miata parts and accessories.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:38
Be carful you may never go back to your SM. Offs are bad so always make sure you have some track left. Curbs are ok just not the tall nasty ones. Dirt/grass is bad. Steering is very precise and quick. FC was designed to be on a race track so it is very happy to turn and stop. You will have a blast. Oh, remember to put down your face shield.
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Newton

Newton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Car Year:1990
hahahahahaha face shield. doesnt everyone love flossing with flies and dirt?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users