suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
For all those interested, motorsportheaven.com now has the kits in stock. There is a post in the classifieds.
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46
Maybe I should get one. Got home last weekend and noticed a small puddle on the undertray. Found a small crack in the lower radiator hose. Phew, that could've been worse.
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
Ask steyn about losing water. His hose flew off and radiator took a dump. His entire motor was ruined but his temp Gauge never warned him. The reality is by the time the temp gauge actually pics up on it, it's too late. By knowing what the pressure is doing you can shut it off in time and save a $5500 motor
  • dstevens and rob20rx7 like this

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

rob20rx7

rob20rx7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Region:South East
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:25
  • I just bought this! i wish i would have know about them earlier! I hurt a very good Rossini Motor because the Radiator cap came loose and by the time i noticed, it was way too late!

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30
Do you know what pressure it takes to trip the switch?

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
Post up a review when you get it working.

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39
Aaron - thanks for this kit

here is an unpaid endorsement, and something that I think all gauge and warning light manufacturers should consider

With this kit, when you start your car the red warning light LED comes on, an as soon as the car has warmed up and built up more than 3psi of water pressure the red LED goes out and the green LED comes on and stays on. In the event that you lose coolant pressure the green LED goes out and the red LED illuminates. Absolutely perfect reassuring system.

I like the green status light. With pure warning systems you are always hoping that they are working. When you have a green confirmation "status-OK" light it is way more reassuring.

Hope I just see the green light from now on!!!

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79
Good tip Danny, hope to get one soon for our Rig. I too, lost an engine due to the radiator cap coming off and losing all the coolant. By the time the temp gauge gives you any indication it is to late when you are running without coolant.

Pat

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
Glad you like it!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

Armando Ramirez

Armando Ramirez

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:76

Aaron - thanks for this kit

here is an unpaid endorsement, and something that I think all gauge and warning light manufacturers should consider

With this kit, when you start your car the red warning light LED comes on, an as soon as the car has warmed up and built up more than 3psi of water pressure the red LED goes out and the green LED comes on and stays on. In the event that you lose coolant pressure the green LED goes out and the red LED illuminates. Absolutely perfect reassuring system.

I like the green status light. With pure warning systems you are always hoping that they are working. When you have a green confirmation "status-OK" light it is way more reassuring.

Hope I just see the green light from now on!!!

I also got one, and I really like the "green" light system check.

I am thinking of getting another set to use with the oil pressure gauge, of the Longacre sensor I now have.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
Can u guys think of anything else that people would need or would like developed for our cars?

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

rob20rx7

rob20rx7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Region:South East
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:25
oil presure light is a great idea, i used one on my Rx7 and also put one in my Miata. When your all caught up in racing, mechanical failure will most likely happen when you are so concentrated in what going on in front of you that you dont see it those split seconds when something fails. lights make all the difference. And.... they look cool too! LOL

Brendan O

Brendan O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Region:SE
  • Car Year:2003
What about the ICM (Cartek) one? More expensive but better?

http://www.ironcanyo...evel-alarm.html

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:91

What about the ICM (Cartek) one? More expensive but better?

http://www.ironcanyo...evel-alarm.html

Requires a bit more electronics expertise to use. Rather than just a switch, you are attaching to the collector of a transistor.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brendan O

Brendan O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Region:SE
  • Car Year:2003
I'm not an EE so I don't understand:

"Alarm signal output: Open Collector switched to ‘earth’ when coolant is low. 30v, 100mA max. "

How can I connect that to my AIM EVO4 or AIM MyChron3 Dash LED? I know AIM Race Studio lets me setup alarms for analog channels but I think they need to be 0 to 5v signals.

dfuser

dfuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Region:Southwest, Texas
  • Car Number:18
I lost an engine too after loosing water on a rainy day. That was costly. There is a simillar setup for oil pressure as well that usses the OEM factory pressure sensor from a 99, ask aaron about it,

Bill Agha

SM 18

Sponsored by:  raceoutfitter.com

Engine/Setup:  X-Factor racing

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

"Alarm signal output: Open Collector switched to ‘earth’ when coolant is low. 30v, 100mA max. "

How can I connect that to my AIM EVO4 or AIM MyChron3 Dash LED? I know AIM Race Studio lets me setup alarms for analog channels but I think they need to be 0 to 5v signals.

Get in touch with Roger or MyCron Mike at AIM and they'll help sort you out. At the least you'll have to make a custom channel and perhaps use a different sensor.

http://www.aimsports.com/

Mark

Mark

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Region:Sopac
These are designed specifically for use with a data system. In fact, they come with a the AIM binder 719 connector already in place. Remove the connector and convert it to a flying lead output if you need/use something different. We use the AIM supplied 'Status Signal' sensor that is predefined in RaceStudio. No custom sensor or EE needed. Plug and play.

Mark

Mark
markn@ironcanyonmotorsports.com
Iron Canyon Motorsports

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Region:Sw
  • Car Number:32

Ask steyn about losing water. His hose flew off and radiator took a dump. His entire motor was ruined but his temp Gauge never warned him. The reality is by the time the temp gauge actually pics up on it, it's too late. By knowing what the pressure is doing you can shut it off in time and save a $5500 motor

I lost a motor yesterday during practice for ECR Rationals due to a water hose falling off. It dumped the water but my AIM water temp sensor did not show any problem (there was no water to measure) and by the time the motor tightened up and I got off track it was too late - motor destroyed. Had multiple people in the paddock tell me an inexpensive pressure sensor would have saved me a couple thousand dollars. Sigh. My new motor will have a sensor.

Cnj
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Sorry to hear that Craig.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users