DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46
Ok, sorry to post this here but the "instructions" here are very limited and I couldn't find a good spot to post this.

I've wasted a couple of hours trying to update my profile pic, and I'm not satisifed. I can't seem to simply upload one from my computer or link photobucket.com. It just won't work. So I've uploaded a few photos to the Gallery here, and then set them as my photo from the "option" tab. I've tried multiple size/resolution photos. But, the little image next to all my posts comes out fuzzy. Any thoughts?

Again, I know this space is reserved for bumping and calling names. Sorry.
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Do you have PhotoShop?
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
I have Paint.net. I can adjust all kinds of things.
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
The pictures in the gallery and on my profile page look like full resolution. It's just the lame image under my name when I post.
Domm Leuci

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41
DrDomm-

When I created my avatar I resized it from the original image to 400x219. I just tried one of yours at 500x250, and it looked much better than what you have now. I also noticed that several of your pictures are slightly out of focus. Its not obvious at normal web resolutions, but when viewed at full resolution at 1:1, there is some slight fuzziness.

I downloaded one of your images, and loaded it into paintshopPro, then I cropped to just the image of the car. Then I resized the image to 500x249 using the "weighted average" resize algorithm. Finally, I applied two sharpen passes to the image to clean up the fuzziness as much as I could without inducing artifacts.

The result still isn't quite as clear as my own avatar, but I think that's just due to the original image focus issues.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
Hmmm...I seem to have set my avatar to my test image using your photo. Ooops....I'll leave it up for you to see before I switch back. If you like this one, I can email it to you.

PM me, with your email....

-tch

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
It just doesn't seem like it should be so difficult to get a little picture to not be blurry even when you start with a slightly out of focus 4000x3000 image.
Domm Leuci

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
I have this saying about the word "should"....(should usually equals isn't).

-tch

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
Solved. Can't use massively large images.
Domm Leuci

Scott McKay

Scott McKay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:31
I just tried with mine, its a 600pixel image, 246kb and it won't let me change my picture. I have no idea why.
Three Time NASA National Champion

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
I think the height is limited to 250 pixels. I know 500x249 works.

-tch

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Number:30
The avatar shows at 92x92, so if you submit a picture at that size the system will probably leave it alone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users