Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91
"The biggest change will come in the Touring and Showroom Stock categories, with the two being combined in 2013, consolidating from five classes (Touring 1-3, Showroom Stock B-C) down to four (Touring 1-4)."

"The target performance level of the new Touring 1 will be between that of the current T1 and T2 classes. Current cars that are restricted in T2 will move to the new Touring 1 class, removing restrictions with potential additional allowances, while the current T1 cars will receive restrictions to remain, or have the opportunity to move to the more permissive Super Touring® Over (STO) class."

"The new Touring 4 will be based on B-Spec?, with other, current SSC cars not fitting into the new Touring 3, but restricted to the B-Spec performance level."

The local 8 or so corvette T1 guys are not at all happy. Can't say I blame them as some of them just built cars. Our region's T1 field was growing quite steadily the last few years. I'm worried that when they slow the corvettes, the corvettes will turn into a "momentum" car to allow the pony cars to keep up.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94
As painful as it is for some SCCA needs more class consolodation.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30
Exactly. Pretty soon we'll all have 10-minute races otherwise.

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91
I'm with you guys on axing Showroom Stock (and it's crap influence on its children classes), but slowing a class seemed like extra collateral damage.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
The formula car consolidation has those guys even happier than some of the corvette guys. This has been in the talks since I joined the club. Been on CRB agenda every year since I have been on. We saw an agenda from 1988... It had a very similar class consolidation plan on it, if we changed the date on the proposal, it would still fit perfectly in 2012 :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users