Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:68
Awesome job Oregon!. congrats Ken :D Matt and Jason. I predict a Will/ken battle for race 2..

Miis you all!

-bw

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Sean Allen

Sean Allen

My title is unique

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Region:SFR
Come on Cali drivers, represent! :D

<- Showing support from across the world, haha.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
Brian and Phillip were P2 and P3 in yesterdays race from what I heard. Darin is in Kyle's car due to a mechanical on Friday, he drove from 54th to 19th before finishing under yellow. Darin qualified 3rd for Sundays race, Phil 5th, and Brian 7th? Oregon guys fill all the other spots.

Have fun today, wish I was able to race this weekend.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Joy of 6

Joy of 6

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Region:Oregon
Darn Sutherland did it again!! Hope the SFR won't put up a fence at the Oregon border

dp35

dp35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Number:51
I vote for building the fence while those guys are still here, so we can have races like that every time.

Today's race with Ken was epic. Probably the most intense battle I've ever had. Much respect. If I hadn't missed a shift in our drag race to the flag, it would've been a photo finish. Next time I won't.

Sadly, I failed to record video of today's race. This was especially annoying after I explained to Ken that they now make cameras without tapes, & that he should step out of the stone ages & record his races. Almost as annoying as his California trophy collection. Saturdays race did get recorded & should be pretty entertaining. Look for that soon.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

dp35

dp35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Almost forgot - HUGE thanks to Ron & Kyle Gayman for loaning me their car. As the results show, Ron built a hell of a car.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Since Kyle had finals and wouldn't make it, I thought I'd still head down and enjoy a relaxing weekend with the SM family and enjoy a little paddock cruising and shit talking...with our northern friends of course :D Well, no sooner had I gotten there and I was asked to help change a tranny which of course I was happy to. Was nice to meet Rod McClain who also jumped in and helped a fellow racer...we were slow but no one complained! Doug made it out for qualifying and nothing fell out...phew...dodged that bullet.

Settled in with a beer to watch race 1 qualifying...Darin was off the pace from the morning session and came in after 4 laps. When I got back to the pit...hood was up on the car...not a good sign :( Turned out he threw the belt...by the time he saw the temps...it was to late...new motor done. After1 year without a SM race and several months waiting for a motor in anticipation of getting back out, I think he was just in shock. It actually took an hour or more to convince him to drive our car. Bill, Dewey and myself didn't quit until we finally just said we were going to get the car and he didn't argue. Dropped the car off at midnight and were back at the track at 6:30 for a mad scramble of brake, seat and radio changes with a huge monkey wrench thrown in of me forgetting the car logbook at home :banghead: Thankfully a reasonable SCCA tech steward crew got us in and out with a temporary logbook and Darin made it to grid with a couple minutes to spare! Race 1 in the books and a chance to get a feel for the car. I new it was a good sign when he got out of the car and we asked if we needed to make any changes..."nothing" was his response!

Todays race was intense to say the least! After turn 3 i believe it single filed into grid order. Darin was p3 and made quick work of Jason going up the hill. Settled in behind Ken and they both checked out after 3 laps. Ken was really good on the front half but Darin had him covered in the hills. It was pretty obvious it was going to be a mistake that was going to determine the race...or the dreaded lapper! Sure enough, last lap, exit of 9, road block! Ken went one way, Darin the other...I think 3 wide in 10! They came out side by side with Darin on the inside line into 11. I believe Ken over undered (my view was blocked)and they came out of 11 side by side, They both banged 3rd hard, but Darin found 5th...game over

Great Weekend! Even though they come steal our hardware( :yep: :P )it's always great having the Northern guys come down. Congrats to Ken on his wins and Will, Matt and Jason for their great driving. Nice job Darin,Phillip and Brian to keep them honest in the middle of them. Care to start the prediction now for Infineon?? Oh wait, you want to run Hoosiers....cough,cough! :o

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dp35

dp35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Just posted a video of Saturdays race:

http://mazdaracers.c...guna-passed-37/

CARacer

CARacer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991
Extra props to Ken and Will for helping me with some parts I needed. Come back and pit next to me soon! :wave:
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users