• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
We've had our flights & logging for months, ordered 3-day tickets a few weeks ago... My son is geek'ed that we're gonna take him out of school for it.

Who else is going to be there?

Posted Image
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:91
Yep, we are in. Decided not to go with the fancy tickets, just grandstand 5. Got tired of playing the PSL game with the morons.
  • john mueller likes this
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR
Sutton Images just released an aerial tour today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zn_susU3X4

@AustinF1, a poster on another site (not connected to the race) is an Austin local that goes out to the site regularly has a "Friends of Formula 1 Austin Texas" Facebook page and they post several pics every couple of days

Gary Norris

Gary Norris

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:26

Yep, we are in. Decided not to go with the fancy tickets, just grandstand 5. Got tired of playing the PSL game with the morons.

Yep. Turn 5
Gary Norris

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:6
I'm going!

Blake Clements

http://www.blakeclements.com - Driver Coaching, Consulting, & Video/Data Analysis.

OPM Autosports/SP Induction Systems/X-Factor Racing/G-Loc Brakes/Traqmate/Bell Helmets

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner -

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Region:Sw
  • Car Number:32

I'm going!

What seats?

Cnj
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts

What seats?

Cnj

Free ones! ;)

Blake Clements

http://www.blakeclements.com - Driver Coaching, Consulting, & Video/Data Analysis.

OPM Autosports/SP Induction Systems/X-Factor Racing/G-Loc Brakes/Traqmate/Bell Helmets

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner -

HoneyBadger - BrianW

HoneyBadger - BrianW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Car Number:59
I have turn 15 (not the corner) PSL for the wife, a couple of other friends and myself.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Region:Sw
  • Car Number:32

Free ones! ;)

:) Ok you're a ME, gotta be specific. Which stands?
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:10 SM
There will be four Cincy Region members coming down to flag the event, along with a few other Lake Erie Communications flaggers. Expecting a good time, but also expect it to be a cluster. But as always, they are some of the best "seats" in the house.

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Yeah the PSL is bullsh*t... I understand it, but still.

The family we're traveling with talked me into General Admi tix so I suppose I'll have a great view of the back of the bleachers, a building or will be standing in the pond with all those mosquitoes. Oh well, the race is only part of the experience.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
I'm sure it will be easy to get caught up in the excitement but for my money I prefer Montreal to Texas.
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
I'll be at turn 15 at the top.
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:91

Yeah the PSL is bullsh*t... I understand it, but still.

The family we're traveling with talked me into General Admi tix so I suppose I'll have a great view of the back of the bleachers, a building or will be standing in the pond with all those mosquitoes. Oh well, the race is only part of the experience.

GA tickets can be some of the best, as long as you are willing to explore a bit.

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts

GA tickets can be some of the best, as long as you are willing to explore a bit.

That used to be the case at the Singapore GP, but they have clamped down on the areas where you can go. That said, the general admission tickets at Kuala Lumpur are great. I wouldn't be too concerned with the GA tickets.

We are in turn 12 pretty high up there.

Blake Clements

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR
The GA areas have direct views of the track. You're basically sitting (or standing) on grass mounds over looking the track. The 15,000 grandstand seats that were just released didn't come from GA. They came from unsold trackside corp hospitality areas that are being converted to temp seating.

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
I'll have my 8yr old with ADHD with me, he'll find us a prime GA spot. Thanks guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users