High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:97
This is our 14 year old pro driver in action at NASA last week. :boggled:

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

CruzanTom

CruzanTom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Number:44
Obviously, you were not driving fast enough to stay out of his way. :scratchchin: Change your grease. :whistling:

Seriously, I hope your damage was minor.
  • Michael Colangelo likes this

Tom Hart

#44 SM and T-4

2014 SC Driver of the Year

2015 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

2016 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Astro

Astro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Region:Greatlakes
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:87
You don't need good tires or brakes when you can just use other cars to keep it on the track! Looks like driving I have seen on Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit...was there a cop car on the track??? :shame:
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Region:WDC
Maybe there's a good reason for the SCCA's age restriction.
  • Alberto and Lin like this
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22
Jamie,
Are you the camera car? If so, why you even let him near you, just drive away. I like how they switched to a 99.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
Age has absolutly nothing to do with this!!!!!

I dont care if your 8 or 80, its racing, people are gonna make poor decisions along with great desicions on track, if you cant accept that you shouldnt be out there...

You guys should all know we are just stepping stones! When language like that is used, that to me gives me the percption that the one stepping on the stones, feels they are so much better than the rest. If that is the real underlying feeling, you will have lots of driving like this...

Let me pose one question how long do you think driving with that attitude will be tollerated in Grand Am "The Racing of the Future"
Dont know about you guys but I have seen lots of cars put right into the wall for lesser drivign infractions then what is on that video.

By the way the Vid is not shot from Tucker's car!
  • Mike Lliteras and Glenn like this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Number:97

Obviously, you were not driving fast enough to stay out of his way. :scratchchin: Change your grease. :whistling:

Seriously, I hope your damage was minor.

It was Nicks video not mine but it is obvouis he does not have the right grease.
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
While I am not defending or making any judgments..

The one going through 17 is hard to see everything ( where the cars are on track etc, do you have front view?)

I have had same issue with you there in 2011 Jamie. They guy on the outside holds the guy on the inside down to slow his exit ( totally acceptable), the track is bumpy and with the momentum the outside car puts the inside car n a position where the turn is so pinched off, the car will not hold the tighter line. If you are on the outside, you make the turn pretty easily, the guy on this inside ( at least in my case is doing all he can do to keep off the outside car and lifting at that point really isnt an option as you will surely rotate the car) We luckily just rubbed doors a little. Not a big deal for us ( but we are professional races :) )

With the camera angle, this may not be at all what happened, just sharing what has happened to me in the same corner. The other one, looks pretty clear as to what happened there.

I have no idea what transpired, none of them looked so bad that if JR approached the other driver and apologized or talked over what happened, I would get over it. I have been really pissed at other drivers, them at me and 99% of the time everything is fine 10 minutes later.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Age has absolutly nothing to do with this!!!!!

Let me pose one question how long do you think driving with that attitude will be tollerated in Grand Am

You must not watch much grand am ST? That is standard operating procedure...
  • Glenn likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

You must not watch much grand am ST? That is standard operating procedure...

That is why there are so many wadded up cars in Grand am every race,. If you dirve like that in Grand
am, and i see lots of it there, it often times gets you sent over into the wall within a lap. Since this is just NASA, and it is more civilized there are not to many that will put you into the wall, they just fill out there driver damage form and hate you for weeks.
  • Michael Colangelo likes this

K. Webb