High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:97

Jamie, I agree with your account. I was focused on the contact and forgot about the bump under braking... I will say that if "I" (who is wrong more often than not) got into you under braking at 17, we would not contact again in that corner ( at least on that lap :whistling: )

Thats the point. I have raced with you many times and we have made contact once. Even if that contact would have taken me out of the race I would not have been upset because we all know you race hard and try to keep it clean. I saw you wheeling the car to try to stay off me and thats all anyone can ask for. Accidents happen in close racing but they don't need to start with bumping a driver three times on entry. The BMW incident was inexperience and I doubt it was intentional
  • Jim Drago likes this
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:97

Anyone that I publicly throw under the bus elected not to apologize. Perhaps that was not the case in this situation. I do have video of a teenager hitting me in the door on Sunday if you want more though.

Rob! We always want more.
  • Michael Colangelo likes this
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Anyone that I publicly throw under the bus elected not to apologize. Perhaps that was not the case in this situation. I do have video of a teenager hitting me in the door on Sunday if you want more though.

No my point was that you are pretty much one of a kind Mr. Rob Burgoondy...
Not everyone feels as comfy posting a vid like you do, doesnt make it right or wrong

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
I see Jr. is reading the post, Jr, before you get assassinated what happened?

was there any action taken by the organizers? NASA normally does.

I have been bumped and spun before and I normally chalk it up to an error in judgment the first time. but its a one time free pass kind of a think unless I see it every weekend to others.

I know I have gotten together where I misjudged.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

Rob! We always want more.

It's not even considered contact per NASA standards and a non-issue other than being annoyed at yet another dent and tire donut so it's not worth any special attention. Only reason why it went up is because it's was the only race highlight from Sunday. However, if you want to see it, it's in my youtube channel and in my race report.

http://www.trackhq.c...collision-5278/
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Ernie Jr.

Ernie Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:2012
  • Car Number:98
Just to clear some of the rumors up,
This is Jr speaking and I would like to not be pounded for what posting.

First off, the contact in turn 17.
It was the last lap and a battle for the podium spot. I am trying to redeem myself after a poor showing at Homestead where my car performed less then expected due to a major leakage in the head, I believe some where around 18%. Anyway, we went into 17 within a car length and I knew I had to make a move now. Remember the track was damp and it was drizzling. I accidentally gave a bump, but no problem he did not go sideways. I went to the inside and you see my car disappear, because I am along side him, My car got loose do to the massive bumps on Sebring. I slid up but there was no room, we made contact and we both slid into the barrier with little damage. We continued on the cross the line me 4th and Nick 3rd. When we go to the impound the first thing I do is get out and walk over to Nick. I tell him, I am sorry, it was a racing incident, the track was slippery and we got together. By the way we were clean the entire rest of the race. He tells me it was MY fault completely, I agree I am not innocent, but I am not taking the entire blame. He also said I should not have tried to pass him and it was low percentage. That was not right, I tried to apologize and this is what I get. Alex at least had the decency to come over and say sorry for on the first lap where he pushed me off. Thank you. I then just walked away.
Lets say 30 minutes later Nick ALONE, comes by our trailer and takes out his laptop, he then shows me the video his entire thing was started about and said it was my fault. Now if I recall, a fellow driver is not allowed to come over and blame another driver with out an official. So we got report this to our race director and Nick gets a slap on the wrist.

Lets not forget in the first race Nick was supposed to start on pole but, was walking around at the 2 minute mark and failed to get ready in time, which caused his grid spot to be invalid. He then went out last and passed everyone on the pace lap!! He ended up getting disqualified.

I will post a video of Nick trying to push me off in turn 7 and the second day for as far as I know payback. Should be up in the next hour.

Ernie Francis Jr.
www.ErnieFrancisJrRacing.com
Pirelli World Challenge TCB/GTS Driver

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
It is now agaisnt the rules to talk to another driver or show video of an incidnet without haveing the race director hold you hand???? OMG what is NASA becoming?
  • KentCarter likes this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Ernie Jr.

Ernie Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Here is the video of Nick trying to take me out as payback.
Note how he holds continuous contact and does not break it till I start to got sideways.

Ernie Francis Jr.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Ernie Jr.

Ernie Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

It is now agaisnt the rules to talk to another driver or show video of an incidnet without haveing the race director hold you hand???? OMG what is NASA becoming?

Yes it is a rule, you can not confront another driver AFTER an incident to BLAME them.

Ernie Francis Jr.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
Should be a good payday for the site with all hits that will get...

K. Webb