MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
In a shocking development it appears Blake Favre Clements has come out of retirement to take on the best in the Southwest at the Screaming Eagle Double Rational. Matt Reynolds has come on strong in the last few races of the season to take the division lead from early front runner Craig Berry. Will Clements be able to shake the rust off to stop Reynold's 6 win streak? Will Berry show up to defend his division title aspirations? If Berry races will he bring his caddie (JD)to show him the way? Will the Saferacer crew make a big splash? Will Ross race as fast as he runs his mouth (or keyboard).

All these questions and more will be answered in 6 days. Get your popcorn ready this race weekend should be epic.
  • Gary Norris and Cnj like this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
I have Craigs car under lock and key, if he is racing, he must be looking for a rental :noidea: BFC will be on his A game as always, Matt is on a tear as of late, but is always there regardless

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
We could put Craig in my 1.6 he's about my height, broke in the new engine this weekend. Car is fast, went by top 1.6 and a Rivera 99 like they were standing still at the end of straight. The experience left me almost Breathless.
  • KentCarter and Charlie Hayes like this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Charlie James

Charlie James

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
I would smack talk back, but for some reason I seem to have forgotten how :)
Everyone might just want to stay a safe distance behind me because at my advanced age, I end up swerving around and randomly hit things!

Looking forward to some nice cool temps down in beautiful Texas!

http://www.SafeRacer.com

2013 SCCA B-Spec National Champion

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

I would smack talk back, but for some reason I seem to have forgotten how :)
Everyone might just want to stay a safe distance behind me because at my advanced age, I end up swerving around and randomly hit things!

Looking forward to some nice cool temps down in beautiful Texas!

I will be happy to show you the safe line around the track Friday morning. That will give you plenty of time to practice it so you won't have anything to hit.

tLinder

tLinder

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:SouthWest
  • Car Number:40

We could put Craig in my 1.6 he's about my height, broke in the new engine this weekend. Car is fast, went by top 1.6 and a Rivera 99 like they were standing still at the end of straight. The experience left me almost Breathless.

Bet you got some of that special grease too :ph34r:

Toby Linder

powered by X-Factor Racing

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

tferranti

tferranti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Number:51
Looking forward to seeing everyone. I will be in a borrowed car and my first session on this track will be qualifying so I will stay out of everyone's way.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie James

Charlie James

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
So Matt has the track record at a 2:07.0 at Eagles Canyon, what's going to be a good time in 100 degree temps on Hoosiers?
We know Blake will be below that number, but what about the mortals?

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
2:05s will be pole.

SaulSpeedwell

SaulSpeedwell

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

In a shocking development it appears Blake Favre Clements has come out of retirement to take on the best in the Southwest at the Screaming Eagle Double Rational. Matt Reynolds has come on strong in the last few races of the season to take the division lead from early front runner Craig Berry. Will Clements be able to shake the rust off to stop Reynold's 6 win streak? Will Berry show up to defend his division title aspirations? If Berry races will he bring his caddie (JD)to show him the way? Will the Saferacer crew make a big splash? Will Ross race as fast as he runs his mouth (or keyboard).

All these questions and more will be answered in 6 days. Get your popcorn ready this race weekend should be epic.

Uh-oh .... Remember The Topekalamo!

Attached Files

• Charlie James likes this

For faster reply than PM:  miataboxes>>>AT<<<gmail>>DOT<<<com

Charlie James

Charlie James

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Hard to forget Topekalamo! Runoffs over in the middle of turn 2, lap 1 with a broken diff housing after being pile driven by a raging herd.
You Texans be nice to any northerners who are nice enough to head your way this weekend :)

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Number:29
Glad to see Blake back! Ross, your season update was too funny!....Jim may be my Caddie, but unlike most Caddie's he gets more than 100% of my winnings, not the usual 10 or so!
Thanks for the offer on the 1.6....I love driving those cars. I am not going to make it, my daughters b day is this weekend, and as Jim said, he will not even let me look at my car......also have one more race that Im kinda thinking about.
This weekend is gonna be a great race! I count 5 or more guys that can really get it done! I will try to make it out on Sunday to watch.
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
Craig, sorry to hear you are busy, but I completely understand. Come on out Sunday so you can laugh at the chaos. As you pointed out there are several guys who could finish P1 which should make for some interesting racing at the front. Blake will be plenty fast and should be one of the top guys going for the win on Sunday if not Saturday.

Charlie, you picked a track known for some fun, hard nosed racing, bring a spare fender or two. Even if you aren't in P1 somebody will be racing you the entire race at this track.

1.5 days until play day.

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
Practice day:

Track is way bumpier than I remember. Had to run 4 sessions in the heat chasing set up Hoosiers. It was easy on Toyos, break out the two liners and have at it. Not so much with the hoosiers. I think there are 30 plus cars entered, this track has many hard brake zones and many spots that could lead to spins. I hope we all keep cool and keep in on the black. Reynolds and Haldeman looked fast today. Brian Wisler has his set up spot on and was fast also. Should be an interesting qualifying in the morning. 104 predicted temperature at race time!

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
Wish I could watch from Hawaii!! Haha. It's a lot cooler down here!
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Practice day:

104 predicted temperature at race time!

That's childs play!!! 106 at Hallett last year and the Big man ( at my biggest) pulled it out :prayer:

Stay cool, stay hydrated and stay safe

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Region:Sw
  • Car Number:32
Much frustration for me yesterday. Lost a water hose on track and lost the motor. Second motor in 2 race weekends. arrgh.

Cnj
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

trimless

trimless

Low Budget Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Region:Texas
  • Car Number:11
Craig, sorry to hear about the bad luck. You know if you will just fill your next motor up with 8 quarts of oil and run for a few laps you may have better luck :) It seemed to work wonders for the chump car, bullet proof after we ran it that way!
  • KentCarter likes this
G. Corley
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:91
I'm out in the garage stripping down the 99... anyone need any black 99 interior parts or perhaps a really, really nice stereo?

Enjoy guys! Sorry to hear about the motor, Craig!
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
If you had our low water pressure sensor kit it could have saved you $5k! Just sayin
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users