• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Kevin Coulter

Kevin Coulter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Region:Chicago
Hurry! On-line registration closes on Tuesday, July 31, for the Central Division BF Goodrich Tire SuperTour event at Blackhawk Farms Raceway, August 4-5, 2012.

Besides some great racing among 8 race groups, why else should you come?
- This event is the last national in CenDiv.
- If you haven't been to Blackhawk in a while, you need to come to see the changes, including the new pavilion.
- Participant party, including a band.
- Corners 1 and 7 have been resurfaced, and are in excellent condition.

You can find more information at http://www.scca.com/...ex.cfm?eid=3679, and online registration is available at https://www.motorspo...D27F0B055FC6E79.

Hope to see you there!

Kevin

Kevin Coulter

Kevin Coulter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
Please note - it is not too late to enter - late fees have been waived. Come on out, great friends, great party, great racing, great time!

Kevin

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14
Kevin, I looked at the registration numbers today & the numbers IMHJ sucked. My plan was to be there except that my Michigan son made other plans for me. New grandson Tanner will be baptized on the 5th. With that said do we know why the numbers are what they are? IIRC a while back there was a regional at the Farm that the entries sucked. Have the regions done anything to gain factual answers why racers aren't showing up?
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Kevin Coulter

Kevin Coulter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Kevin, I looked at the registration numbers today & the numbers IMHJ sucked. My plan was to be there except that my Michigan son made other plans for me. New grandson Tanner will be baptized on the 5th. With that said do we know why the numbers are what they are? IIRC a while back there was a regional at the Farm that the entries sucked. Have the regions done anything to gain factual answers why racers aren't showing up?

David,

I did my own un-scientific poll while talking to people in the paddock, and not limited to SM. Talked to drivers, prep shops, etc.

For this past weekend, the reasons that I heard/know of:
- Pro races @ MidOhio (took several FC's)
- Already qualified for Runoffs
- Weekend for family vac before kids heading back to school
- Summer long heat taking physical toll on some drivers
- Economy
- Points standings don't mean anything once qualified for R/O
- Car not running (mechanical and/or previous crash damage)
- Family obligations (for example, one SRF driver's daughter was getting married - this took out 3 regulars, the Baptism you have, etc)
- Retirement (1- Harry!)

Other than already qualified and economy, it was several little reason that were 3-5 cars each, but as a whole, amounted to a bunch.

Kevin

Kevin

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14
Thanks Kevin
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users