Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:NW
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:3
Rumor has it that if they don't get a bunch of new entries by Monday next week's race in Portland will be cancelled. Get your money in there now please.

Nels and I have a score to settle and if you don't contribute your money to the cause we will have to settle it Conference Style which does not say much for our group's cohesiveness or pride in being a large race group.

Terrell

BrianPDX

BrianPDX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:27
Tell Nels to get signed up, there's only 4 of us so far. Maybe we'll have a first time winner.

It'd be helpful if SCCA sent out an email to all previous entrants with a reminder.
Brian

Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:NW
  • Car Number:3
Apparently Karen is doing just that. At this point maybe I could make a podium finish for the first time. That is, if I could only beat my daughter!

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:Oregon Region
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:44
Found my cooling system issue, 95% chance I'll be there. Signed up anyways. I'll be driving during doernbecher weekend in a Kia Rio believe it or not.
  • Michael Colangelo and Derrick Ambrose like this

#44 Team KBR/KKRProducts.com Spec Miata
#44 Team KBR/Dick Hannah Kia Rio B-Spec/ World Challenge TCB
#16 & #36 Blairco Spec Miata's, ICSCC

2014 SCCA B-Spec National Champion

Dick Hannah Dealerships | Kia Racing | Team-KBR.com | KKRProducts.com | DBB | Fast Specialties | Blairco Heating | SBOX Engineering | Sikk Shades by Eddie Bauer, JR | Hawk Performance

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Michael Colangelo

Michael Colangelo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Region:Southern California
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:23

Found my cooling system issue, 95% chance I'll be there. Signed up anyways. I'll be driving during doernbecher weekend in a Kia Rio believe it or not.

B-SPEC? Tell me more! :D

BrianPDX

BrianPDX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
Hope you can make it Kyle, it'd be fun to race with you? What's with the kia rio? What class is that?
  • Kyle Keenan likes this
Brian

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Almost B-spec. Giving rides to the kids for a local dealer down here. Has roll bar and all sorts of b-spec goodies on it.
  • Michael Colangelo likes this

Dick Hannah Dealerships | Kia Racing | Team-KBR.com | KKRProducts.com | DBB | Fast Specialties | Blairco Heating | SBOX Engineering | Sikk Shades by Eddie Bauer, JR | Hawk Performance

Michael Colangelo

Michael Colangelo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Region:Southern California
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:23
I'm a big kid. Just sayin' :)
  • Kyle Keenan likes this

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
If you're there, hop on in, I won't tattle on you ;) Hang on tight though!

Randy Thieme

Randy Thieme

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Car Number:51
I'm in!
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Derrick Ambrose

Derrick Ambrose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Car Year:2011
  • Car Number:71

Bummer it isnt a B-Spec. Have any race tires for it so you can see how it does for lap times against what the 2 can the fit can do??

I'm signed up btw
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
I have my "drift tires" from the ridge, some old toyo's that have a bit of rubber on them still. I'll push it and see what it can do ;)

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
  • Car Year:1999
Don't know if it was fun or just embarrasing watching the 2 B-specs walking over the Porsche Cayman at the Ridge last weekend. Tough entries for PIR's upcoming weekend considering the conflicting ISCSS event at The Ridge with entries standing at 177 and rising. But Conference entries at ORP THIS weekend are also very low!

If PIR is cancelled, come on back up to the Ridge.

Bill-
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Derrick Ambrose

Derrick Ambrose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Car Year:2011
  • Car Number:71

I have my "drift tires" from the ridge, some old toyo's that have a bit of rubber on them still. I'll push it and see what it can do ;)

The fastest times from the B-spec cars are 1:39s at PIR. 100hp Mazda 2 and a throttle restricted Honda Fit are not the most powerful vehicles, haha.

I won't be able to make it back up the Ridge that weekend, we have a big Mazda event on Saturday at the shop.

-Derrick
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Car Number:68
I have a good set of free 09 RA-1's free to anyone on the fence due to tires. They won't win a race but they'll last a double. I also have a set of unshaved '11 RA-1 rains for cheap.
-bw

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Weidenbaum

Jim Weidenbaum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
Howdy! It's true ... we need more racers signed up to keep the August PIR 2X Regional race afloat. We've got 9 Spec Miatas signed up right now. The good news is that the majority of those signed up didn't race at the Ridge and/or the Super Tour ... so, they're primed and ready to race. We're still hoping to see. Eric Jones, Jason Starr, Robert Linse, Thomas, Jordan, or Keith Novak signed up; if they join in the fun we'll have a pretty decent sized field. Ken Sutherland, Matt Schultz, Jason Rawlins, and pretty sure, Will Schrader are all out (and General Francisco Franco is still dead). Don't recall if Chuck Hall still has his traveling shoes on or if he's back in Hood River. If any of you are reading this ... please sign up and enjoy a sunny race weekend.

In other race classes, some folks wait for the latest weather report before signing up (it's August in Portland ... it'll be nice), so it won't take that many more SM's to sign up for this to be a go. Given that it's Monday, we have to make a go/no go decision pretty much ASAP. IF you're going to race, please sign up now.

Gracias!
Jim

BrianPDX

BrianPDX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
The race has officially been cancelled. I'm thinking of running the conference race next weekend, anyone have Toyo's?
Brian

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
  • Car Year:1999

The race has officially been cancelled. I'm thinking of running the conference race next weekend, anyone have Toyo's?

Brian, you can run Hoosiers in Conference SM...many do. And I understand Garth from A and T will be at the Ridge. Entries now stand at 227. You could double dip in Group 2 (SM) and Group 5 (ITA or FIP). Sorry to hear of PIR cancellation, but it's tough with conflicting events and everyone really wants to run The Ridge.

Bll-

ps: just noticed you were mentioning next weekend!!

Jim Weidenbaum

Jim Weidenbaum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
Regret the disappointing news of the late cancellation (of the August PIR 2X Regional). Based on a "normal" race weekend ramp-up of entrants, we would have had a sufficient number of cars showing up to have been OK. But, given the pull of the new track at the Ridge -- it was anything but a normal race weekend. The financial risk to the club, should we have ended up with no additional cars from Monday's count, would have been substantial.

The Ridge is awesome, new, and exciting track ... and our co-sanctioned 2X Regional race with NW Region on July 28-29 was a big success. I predict you'll see The Ridge featured a couple of times in the 2013 Oregon Region schedule. We're by no means backing away from PIR ... we just want to offer our Region members another challenging, accessible place to race.

We still have one more race at PIR, on September 8-9th, to close out the year strong for the Oregon Region SCCA. The past few SCCA races at PIR have been our "big" races: SCCA Super Tour and Rose Cup. Anyone there can tell you the racing was terrific, the competition tough, but clean, and SCCA support -- from food, music, trophies, and contingencies -- outstanding. For September, we'll have shorter qualifying sessions, with longer races for SM and SRF. I was considering proposing a mini-enduro (60 -90 minutes with a mandatory 5 minutes pit stop/break) to close out September's Sunday afternoon race, but it would require a good deal of cooperation and positive feedback from all fendered classes (i.e., Touring, IT, GT, Production, and SM) to pull it off. I'm all for mixing things up to have a fun race weekend ... just don't want to go down the path of gimmicks.

Again, I regret the inconvenience to those of you signed up and ready to race this weekend at PIR. I hope to see you in September. Good luck and Have Fun to anyone racing at the Ridge this coming weekend.

Jim
  • Derrick Ambrose likes this

Randy Thieme

Randy Thieme

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Car Number:51
Jim, Sorry to see it cancelled but I know it was the right decision. Thanks for all your hard-work on this.
  • Michael Colangelo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users