• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
I saw a car for sale that stated that it had been corner weighted. My understanding of the rules was that all weight had to be located in the passenger area of the car.

Is this correct or are we allowed to corner weight the car? I am not talking about doing this via scales and suspension adjustments.

Thanks,

J
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

I saw a car for sale that stated that it had been corner weighted. My understanding of the rules was that all weight had to be located in the passenger area of the car.

Is this correct or are we allowed to corner weight the car? I am not talking about doing this via scales and suspension adjustments.

Thanks,

J

The term in generally thrown around to mean it was adjusted on scales to get the cross at whatever the owner wanted. You are correct, it is not permitted to ballast corners. However, you can place equipment in "better" locations to assist in the goal.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA