• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

So who is going to win the Regional Championship?

Entirely dependent on who shows up at Nelson Ledges.
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
Race recap: And these are all facts you can take to the bank...

Morning qaulifying, was a disaster, after doing a 180 coming onto start finish, I proceed to catch the rest of the guys I was running with in qual, but never grew another set after the spin to really push it, and watched as my team mates and closest freinds both took Poll and Outisde poll, with me in p4.

sprint Race saturday: Off to great start after Jet flatspotted on lap one I passed him and just proceeded to draft along behind Frank, knowing I had a car that could win that day, as I had Frank covered and then some, as I was just staying in line driving a comfortable pace, here comes the Smurf Blue car of Guthrie and so I decide its time to make my move on Frank as he misses the Apex of carousel giving me a gigantic run on him up the front straight I make my pass into T1, the car starts to straighten out comign off corner and all of a sudden my car wont turn at all, well there is Frank, not backing out at running 2 wheels into grass and taking the corner of my rear bumper and launchign me around and into the grass and nearly into the tire wall all at about 90mph. I gather up come back on in about 10th, put my head down and start passing everyone I can to finish p5 I think.

Enduro, After just running away from everyone, the first yellow comes out which gives larry Webster a chance to catchy up to me and as I get hosed up by a SRF he gets by me, so I decide the enduro is only half over just follow Larry and I just drive around behind him for a few laps pushing him down the straights passing cars as we go. Give a SRF a little room in Keyhole and he passes me clean and half way down back straight he misses shift so i pull out to pass him, only problem with this move is another SRF who I will just call Cock Sucker decided on a damp grass it might be a good idea to pass his SRF buddy two wheels in the grass at the kink looses control and pile drives the other SRF right into sending me to the wall at over 110mph, ending my race and everyone elses as well. the SRF guys where like running 12th or so in their class in the enduro, so as I get out of my car to ask the douche bag what the hale he is thinking passing someone on the grass in an enduro for 12th, I get a well your probably right I shouldnt have done that. Man if this would have been Nasa, all would be well as he might get a 2 race suspension for almost kiling me.

Once I was eliminated from running in SM, it was pretty clear that nobody had anything for Guthrie, except it rained and he decided not to run in the rain as many others sis as well.

Big congrats to Guthrie for his p1 finish on the Sat. sprint race. I can remeber back to a time when he and I mixed liek oil and water on the track, and he is now one of the competitors I respect the most, and trust explicitly on the track. He and I have both had our share of bad luck this year, but i know he will come back strong next year, he is one very determined SOB once his helmets on! Again John, copngrats ont he win, and thanks for all the good clean tough racing this year!

As for Sunday I scrambled to enter my backup car, that was being driven in SM by Jet, into ITS so I could at least finish the Mid Ohio season with some fun, got on the track for the qual race raced from the very back to p4 in ITS, just couldnt get by the pesky acura who was at least 15mph faster then me with my RP in.

Was almost dreading racing int he final but I pulled out the RP slapped on some rain tires and amazed myself with going from maybe 7th on the start to p3 by the first corner and to the lead of the race by lap 2, in a field, of AS, ITE, SPO, IT7, T1, GT1 and god knows what else was on track with me. passing those guys was almost deafening as they would shift down and it sounded like cannon fire as I was right beside them. I have never seen the track this slick, as it was about 45 dregrees temp and raqin the entire race. It was certainly a fun way to end the racing year at Mid Ohio.

The good of this weekend, is Cheif Stewart now understands that SRF and SM do not belong together, as we had a talk about it on Sunday as I made my switch from one run group to the other. Dan Hodges is a great guy and he really wants us to have our own run groups if we could just get a few more SM's to sign up for SCCA now he has assured Frank and I that the OVR will make that happen for us, if we can get the numbers. Thanks Dan!

It doesnt Rain in my Cave!!!!!

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Does anyone else think it's funny that "cork soaker" get by the censors but "hale" doesn't.

(Fixed it)
  • Caveman-kwebb99 likes this

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:56

Does anyone else think it's funny that "cock sucker" get by the censors but "hale" doesn't.

I was thinking the same thing as I am laughing at work
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
I dont post vids to much, but here is a view of @#$%^^& , putting me into the wall...

http://www.youtube.c..._id=gRX4tVfTbgw

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Motor City Hamilton

Motor City Hamilton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Region:Detroit
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:51

I dont post vids to much, but here is a view of Cock Sucker, putting me into the wall...

http://www.youtube.c..._id=gRX4tVfTbgw

Kyle - can you re-post the link. It looks like you may have picked up that link from a video edit screen and not where it is posted for viewing?

I checked my video and all we could see was some smoke. We were just coming off the carrosel as you were hitting the kink.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Hard to say for sure but it looks like the SRF on the far right moves over on the SRF in the middle, who then forced to move over on Webb.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Hard to say for sure but it looks like the SRF on the far right moves over on the SRF in the middle, who then forced to move over on Webb.

That is what Kyle said happened, here is the kicker, Kyle can correct me if I am wrong, but to my knowledge, not so much as I am sorry or any BS excuse from the at fault driver. That really surprised me coming out of the GLD, while we all make mistakes, most are pretty good about declaring fault with the other driver.

Caveman handled it better that I think i would have. He must be working on his image.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

That is what Kyle said happened, here is the kicker, Kyle can correct me if I am wrong, but to my knowledge, not so much as I am sorry or any BS excuse from the at fault driver. That really surprised me coming out of the GLD, while we all make mistakes, most are pretty good about declaring fault with the other driver.

Sorry to say that was pretty much my experiernce last season when a backmarker SRF took me out (I was running P1) on the last lap about three hundred feet earlier in the back stretch. Well actually the nimrod did stop by my garage and mentioned that he lived in John Guthrie's home town and then somewhat gleefully added "Oh, I'm the guy who bumped you". It took great restraint to keep me from kicking the fat jerks azz.
Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year