Tom Ghan

Tom Ghan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Region:NE
  • Car Year:1992
Hi all,
I would like to volunteer as crew for a SM car to get some first hand knowledge of how it's done. I'm new to the sport and while the car is being built, I'm eager to learn. drop me a PM if you would be willing to have a motivated rookie around.

Tom

Terry Hanushek

Terry Hanushek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Region:South Jersey
The Northern New Jersey and South Jersey regions will be conducting an NJRRS championship series event at New Jersey Motorsports Park. This event is the Jersey Road Racing Classic (JRRC) regional races on the Thunderbolt course on 20-21 October. Yes, the Thunderbolt course - the JRRC has been moved from Lightning to accommodate the Rally America Rallycross on Lightning.

The season is coming to an end and it is time to get excited for the "Jerk" (keep your mind on the road). The Jersey Road Racing Classic is just around the corner. The JRRC will be season finale for the NJRRS series - NJRRS Points - as well as the last 2012 race in the Northeast Division. One last opportunity to run your car before the winter break / overhaul.

There will be no separate SCCA Test Day for the JRRC.

Online registration is now open at on the DLB site - Select South Jersey Region as the Club to see the event calendar.

Schedule and Supps ... Register ... Entry List

Terry

Terry Hanushek

Terry Hanushek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
Tom

I would like to volunteer as crew for a SM car to get some first hand knowledge of how it's done. I'm new to the sport and while the car is being built, I'm eager to learn. drop me a PM if you would be willing to have a motivated rookie around.

Check out the Entry List - there are already eight SM / SSM entered. I'm sure that one or more of the teams could use some extra help. If you don't get hooked up, send me a PM and I'll get you on our gate list so you can come in and introduce yourself.

See ya at the races

Terry

Cy Peake

Cy Peake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:7
Tom,

LTD Racing can always use some extra hands to bang out the dents and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. We'll all be paddocked together somewhere at Thunderbolt; come find us. Most of us are double dipping so we'll be on track 4 times per day. Our group will be racing for fun (not points) that weekend so it'll be entertaining to watch from the tower. Car numbers so far are 7, 12, 29 and 33 with several more potentials at this time. Email me and I'll put you on my crew list for the weekend: cypeake at hotmail dot com

-Cy
  • Tom Ghan likes this

-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing

2011 + 2013 NER STU Champion

Terry Hanushek

Terry Hanushek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

There is still racing on the calendar. Need more?

The Jersey Road Racing Classic is just around the corner. The JRRC will be season finale for the NJRRS series - NJRRS Points - as well as the last 2012 race in the Northeast Division. One last opportunity to run your car before the winter break / overhaul.

The event schedule has a qualifying session followed by two races for each group. Lots of track time, plenty of racing..

Online registration is open at on www.DLBRacing.com - Select South Jersey Region as the Club to see the event calendar.

The Jersey Racing Board and NJMP are supporting COATS FOR KIDS

The Jersey Racing Board and New Jersey Motorsports Park are dedicating the 2012 Jersey Road Racing Classic to support Coats for Kids. We will be collecting new coats with their tags attached for infants through young adults. We will also accept other warm clothing including hats, gloves and scarves. This clothing will be distributed to under privileged youths in the South Jersey area.

Our traditional lunch time drivearounds on Saturday and Sunday will also be used to support Coats for Kids. All cash contributions from the drivearounds will be donated to Coats for Kids. All signed-in participants in street legal cars may participate in our track tours.

Terry

Posted Image

Cy Peake

Cy Peake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Number:7
Would LOVE it if this race weekend were a triple next year (racing on Sat afternoon and twice on Sunday). Dunno why it's not actually. At any rate, looking forward to the last hurrah of 2012 this weekend.

-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing

2011 + 2013 NER STU Champion

Tom Ghan

Tom Ghan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Region:NE
  • Car Year:1992

Tom,

LTD Racing can always use some extra hands to bang out the dents and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. We'll all be paddocked together somewhere at Thunderbolt; come find us. Most of us are double dipping so we'll be on track 4 times per day. Our group will be racing for fun (not points) that weekend so it'll be entertaining to watch from the tower. Car numbers so far are 7, 12, 29 and 33 with several more potentials at this time. Email me and I'll put you on my crew list for the weekend: cypeake at hotmail dot com

-Cy

Hi Cy,
Did you get my email?

Tom

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?
LTD racing has some pretty serious contenders in this race.........Will have to see what type of noise I can bring....maybe create an upstart team.

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Region:WDC
Thanks to Terry, JD, Walt, John and everyone else involved for putting on a great event.
Terry, you'll have to tell me how you arranged for such perfect, track record breaking weather.
I had a blast!!!
Here's my best lap of the weekend:

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?
you had a blast.......you had a smile on your face we couldn't chisel off!!

Really was a great weekend of racing. I felt like I was in a serious race nearly every lap of every race with all the back and forth. A lot of that was with the LTD boys (Cy, Rick, & Steve), and a bunch was with Flatout. Thanks to everyone for the clean racing, especially through the traffic of the "alphabet soup" race on Sunday.

-Vick

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

Terry Hanushek

Terry Hanushek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
John

Thanks to Terry, JD, Walt, John and everyone else involved for putting on a great event.
Terry, you'll have to tell me how you arranged for such perfect, track record breaking weather.
I had a blast!!!

It involves something like selling my soul to the Devil ... But hey, anything to gives you guys a great race weekend, right?

Congratulations on your SM and STL wins

See ya next year

Terry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users