3 replies to this topic

Adax

Adax

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Region:ATL
  • Car Number:49
I have an '03 donor and want to make sure I have the legal braces (GCR is clear on the brakes).

Is the legal '94 - '97 rear subframe brace the same as the brace on the '03? I suspect it is not but my google image search was not much help.

'03's have other braces (bar, butterfly) as well. Although not specifically prohibited like the '03 brakes in the GCR, is the general consensus that they are not legal?

Thanks,
Alan

Alan Cross

My build blog

2017 SARRC SM Champion

2016 SARRC SM ECR Champion

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
No expert but I have seen 01 cars on track with all the factory bracing underneath they came with...but I guess that doesn't mean its legal :D Or maybe it is :noidea:

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE
A few years ago back there was an autocrosser running a WELL prepared miata. He "claimed" that most of the bracing under the car was there for ride quality on the road. Not if anyone has ever "tested" that theory on the track.....

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Adax

Adax

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Region:ATL
  • Car Number:49
Great, sounds like everyone is cool with me running the stock bracing.

Alan Cross

My build blog

2017 SARRC SM Champion

2016 SARRC SM ECR Champion

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users