2 replies to this topic

bearracing88

bearracing88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Car Year:2001
Guys,

Brother and I are building a miata to race in the SM series and to race in other categories. I found a great deal on a 01 SE Miata however I quickly found out that I can't use it due to violation of break rotor size, 6 speed tranny, and wrong differencial. My brother does have a 99 miata which we could swap the break rotors, tranny, and differencial. Before I do that I wanted to know what is the best year of miata to race? And if swaping the part would be legal?

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to race SCCA southeast region.

Thanks.

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:73
Build the 99. Very few have been able to make the 01 cars competitive.
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Sell the 01 BRG and buy a 99 or 00...make sure it has a LSD and your good to go! Better yet if it comes with a hard top and LSD!!

To answer your question on what is the best car to build...I'll trade you for some winning lotto numbers :D

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users