- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

mglis

mglis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been working turning my 99 into a SM. Car is ready to have the cage installed, but after reinstalling the dash I have run int a problem. After reconnecting the battery the parking lights are on. The key is in the off position and the car will start. Turning the key to the on position the parking light go out. There is no power to the wipers, lights or turn signals. Testing the plugs in the conole there is no power there either. all the plugs are reconnected and I am lost at this point. Any ideas?

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60
My guess is a weird ground problem. I'd suggest looking carefully ay all the grounds to be sure they are tight (and have electrical continuity).
Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year
Powered by: Stewart Engines
Set up by: RAFT Motorsports

SM: The safest race car in the world. It can just
barely kill you.

Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

ChrisA

ChrisA

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Region:NCR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:58
Yep, you likely missed something. Either one connector or a ground wire.

Chris

Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman ... or a bad woman.
- George Burns

57T6Speedster

57T6Speedster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Eastern

Just spent two weeks chasing a problem like this. Replaced the power switch, and re established/star washered all of the grounds..I found a bad wire to the main power cutoff and still no go...the last place I looked was a bad ground at the battery to the frame and it started up like a champ...still glad I found the bad connection to the cutoff....couldve cost a track day or a race...Mark

• RussMcB likes this

Zack Benham

Zack Benham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Did you disconnect the switch at some point? I would check the switch first - I think that either its reconnected incorrectly or it has become faulty. Also, if you start chasing the ground, remember that a tight connection, does not always automatically equal continuity, the connection must be clean and tight.

tom1977

tom1977

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Region:Reno/SFR/NWR
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:86

Is there a chance there were two like plugs that have been crossed? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users