Lee Thomas

Lee Thomas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Region:Lone Star
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:24
I know what you're all doing on March 7 - 10, 2013. You're going to be racing at COTA.

SCCA Lonestar Region is hosting our double national race there. Pass the word. It's happening.

It's also SxSW weekend so hotels are going to be tight.

Stay tuned... More info coming soon!

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
i'm sure we will all be there

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
We're all camping in Lee's backyard too.
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Asselta

Mike Asselta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Region:Kansas City
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:70

I know what you're all doing on March 7 - 10, 2013. You're going to be racing at COTA.

SCCA Lonestar Region is hosting our double national race there. Pass the word. It's happening.

Incredible! Thanks for heads up Lee. I don't *think* I have a V8 Supercar driving commitment that weekend, so we will be there!
Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39
I am so there

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Lee Thomas

Lee Thomas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:24
More information...

Access to the track begins on Wednesday March 6th at 3PM. The track is open 24 hours a day so loading should be easy. Thursday March 7th will be a practice day paid directly to the track. It's pricey (at least compared to my limited experience). It will cost $300. Friday is an SCCA practice day and then Saturday and Sunday will be qualifying and race. Details are still being worked out based on forecasted car counts. Also, we don't have the price of the race weekend yet (which will include Friday practice) but we are assuming the car counts will be significant so this should have a positive impact on the cost to drivers.

COTA charges for track damage and it sounds pricey (again, based on my lack of experience with tracks like this). I heard armco damage is $250 per foot. As you may have seen, there is a lot of runoff area but still...they are clearly proud of their track.

I've been driving COTA on the 2012 F1 sim on a PS3. Get a copy and you'll get lots of track time before the race. Clearly, this is a horsepower track.

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
I'll be there in my mustang for sure!!! Already know the track from playing xbox haha
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
You better have a 130hp Miata if you want to win here. This place makes road america look like Disneyland! Turn 1 is steeper than RA hill and longer!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

Doug007

Doug007

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Region:TX
Any chance you guys will use the cut-off at turn 6?

Posted Image

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22
No, they negotiated the full course.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Region:Sw
  • Car Number:32
Here is a video that does a good job of describing the track at slow speed. Lots of missed apexes - but who am I to judge..
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=tyscio1DaCg
The track looks pretty much like the video except that the grandstands are all complete. Of course everything is steeper than the video shows. Because the track is on a hill side most of the seats from T1 through T10 have excellent views to multiple corners. The T1 suites are to die for with respect to viewing. Better have some cash if you want to go there.

The FOM/FIA circus started to roll in this week and the scale of the effort is off the charts. I have worked multiple pro sports venues but have never seen anything like this as I get to watch it come together. The support to the main race will be fun and there is tons of space to stroll around and concession stands happy to help you, well, spend money. For those of you going to the race, take a walk to T1 and look down that hill.

Cnj
  • Lee Thomas likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
Can't wait till next week!!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

tmartin

tmartin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Car Number:82
Do you know if registration is up for this event?
Tom

#82 SM
#55 SM

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
Negative. Won't be for a while.

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

steveracer

steveracer

Blue Eyes, Aquarius, hates being squeezed to the grass in SowDiv

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Car Number:92
Um yeah, 4 months out is a bit early to register...usually 3 or 4 weeks before.

Steven Holloway

Artist formerly known as Chief Whipping Boy for Lone Star Region

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

tLinder

tLinder

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:SouthWest
  • Car Number:40
It might have been over-shadowed by the excitement, but as Lee mentioned in his opening post, the South by Southwest Festival (15,000 to 20,000 people) is the same weekend, some hotels are already full and some appear to be asking a premium.

Toby Linder