Sampson Racing Radios

***Radio-Man***

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Region:So-Cal
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:2
what sparco seat (with head restraints) fits into a 90 SM. Customer 6' and has a 32" waist?

Thanks Shawn
Shawn Sampson
Sampson Racing Communications
Mazda Miata PTE/E3

Toll Free 866-396-7231
www.SampsonRacing.com
www.RacingRadioWarehouse.com
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
Is the car already caged? That may be your only problem, that and where the seat belt holes are on the Sparco seat. The ADV works but I bet he is too tall for where the seat belt holes are, you may be better off with the RACETECH. It really depends where he gets his height, but 6' is about the limit for the ADV.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Sampson Racing Radios

Sampson Racing Radios

***Radio-Man***

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Region:So-Cal
  • Car Number:2
Thanks Mike! Use the Racetech in our car as well and LOVE IT!
Shawn Sampson
Sampson Racing Communications
Mazda Miata PTE/E3

Toll Free 866-396-7231
www.SampsonRacing.com
www.RacingRadioWarehouse.com
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Chris Adams

Chris Adams

Rep. of Lexington, KY

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Region:NASA-GL
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:187
Would the Circuit Pro not be another viable option? I've been thinking about upgrading as well.
Chris Adams
90' SM
NASA-GL #187 SM

HoneyBadger - BrianW

HoneyBadger - BrianW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:59

Is the car already caged? That may be your only problem, that and where the seat belt holes are on the Sparco seat. The ADV works but I bet he is too tall for where the seat belt holes are, you may be better off with the RACETECH. It really depends where he gets his height, but 6' is about the limit for the ADV.

I am 6'5" and use the Sparco Pro Adv, the shoulder holes fit me perfectly. It was one of the few seats that works. That being said I did have the cage built around the seat and the clearances are extremely tight. I removed the bottom seat padding. The Racetech wide tall was the other seat that fit be, but we found it to be quite a bit more difficult to get into the car. FWIW I have a 36" inseam so my proportions are fairly even between torso and legs.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
Brian, do wear hans with the Sparco seat? The newest version of the seat has the holes a little higher than the first version.

Chris, I have found with the Circuit Pro you would have had to been a jockey in a past life to use it.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Chris Adams

Chris Adams

Rep. of Lexington, KY

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Region:NASA-GL
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:187
Well I do live in Kentucky...

I'll look into it. The ADV is wider than the CP if I am not mistaken. I like to be "snug" in my seat :)

Thanks!
Chris Adams
90' SM
NASA-GL #187 SM

HoneyBadger - BrianW

HoneyBadger - BrianW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:59

Brian, do wear hans with the Sparco seat? The newest version of the seat has the holes a little higher than the first version.

Chris, I have found with the Circuit Pro you would have had to been a jockey in a past life to use it.

I do wear a HANS. I found that the shoulder holes were the same for the Pro ADV and the Racetech wide tall. If anything they were a little bit higher. I have a new seat so I can't comment on the shoulder height for the older versions. I just know that at 6'5" there are very few options in a composite seat, and getting them to fit with the proper leg room is even more interesting.

As to the Circuit pro, it is extremely narrow. I have a 34" waist and can barely wedge myself in the seat. If I was in there for more than 5 minutes I am sure my legs would go numb. :)
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users