David S.

David S.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Region:Mid-Atlantic
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:07

One other question: would I be able to get my engine sealed and then add the exhaust? I'm guessing no. The first race is in two weeks so I need to get the engine sealed this weekend. It will be my first race so I don't think the exhaust is going to make much of a difference so I'm not too worried about having it but would rather not have to pay to get the engine sealed twice.

Glenn Davis

Glenn Davis

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Region:WDCR/Mid-Atlantic
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:TBD

One other question: would I be able to get my engine sealed and then add the exhaust? I'm guessing no. The first race is in two weeks so I need to get the engine sealed this weekend. It will be my first race so I don't think the exhaust is going to make much of a difference so I'm not too worried about having it but would rather not have to pay to get the engine sealed twice.

SSM in WDCR is pretty friendly to those not on the pointy end.  Exhausts are not sealed items, so legal versions may be freely swapped and not affect sealing.  However, everyone is possibly subject to post-race dyno pulls.  I suspect if you gained 10 from your sealing pull, folks would be curious.

I suggest you contact Mike Monahan, the WDCR SSM Rep, and tell him about your issue.  I'd be surprised if WDCR can't figure something out to get you racing.  That is, unless you don't have a MARRS sticker or have a few nicks in the paint.  Gotta draw the line somewhere...

• Mike Collins likes this
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

David S.

David S.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Region:Mid-Atlantic
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:07
Awesome. Thanks for responding. I'll get in contact with Mike and see what I should do about the exhaust. In the meantime I'll get the cat delete pipe ordered so at least that part will be good to go. I would imagine it is where most of the power is gained anyways.

Hopefully I'll see you all at Summit in a couple of weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users